Anyone run a 200 rear tire?

Tripps

Retired superhero
Ride
R3T,Sprintona,K1200GT, Blackbird,r/65 hack
It was suggested by Art that you can run a 200 rear tire on a Touring, has anyone tried it?

Ran a 205 aqua thread with no rubbing... the 200 Mc tires back when I had my R3T were very soft compound and did not last for shyte. Me an 2 others caused the recall on the R3T tires when we burnt through 10 rear tires in under 10 miles combined with 2 blow outs and the rest looking like cornflakes on the inside....

WHAT????
"Me an 2 others caused the recall on the R3T tires when we burnt through 10 rear tires in under 10 miles combined with 2 blow outs"
This just makes no sense to me?

Last edited:
Thanks, I ran a set of Avon Cobras and found them better and longer lasting than the Metzzlers, they make a 200.

I'm running a Bridgestone Battlax in a 200 on my touring and had a 200 Excedra Max before that.
Do you remember what aspect ratio it is? The Cobra comes in a 200/60, it works out to a hair less than 1/4 " shorter.

Do you remember what aspect ratio it is? The Cobra comes in a 200/60, it works out to a hair less than 1/4 " shorter.

That's what I thought it was...:thumbsup:
image.jpg

Thanks, notice any difference in handling? Wondering if I should raise the forks in the triple tree 1/4"?

Back