JimmyB

Standard Bore
Ride
2013 Rocket 3 Touring
Alright guys and gals,
Tonight on my way home the 1/4" hose going to the lower radiator left side popped off and drained the radiator on the road. Nearest I can think is I must not of had the squeeze clamp low enough on the tube from my recent detention spring fix...
I was able to get the hose back on and limped it to a honda dealer 5 minutes away. They had Honda blue antifreeze (used in the gold wings) instead of green- the sales guy said it was compatible, a quick search on the inter web confirmed this.
I got her home without a temp light coming on, now I'm wondering if I should drain and put the green back in - what do you guys think?

Color doesnt mean much anymore it used to be a chemical identifier back in the days of organics. If you verified compatibility then that's what I would run with. Oh and are you talking the litte hose runing from the bottom if thermostat area across the front of the engine to the bottom rear right of the radiator? Just curious as mine has no small jose on tbe left of the radiator except the overflow hose coming from the neck filler area. Unless they changed chit again:)

Alright guys and gals,
Tonight on my way home the 1/4" hose going to the lower radiator left side popped off and drained the radiator on the road. Nearest I can think is I must not of had the squeeze clamp low enough on the tube from my recent detention spring fix...
I was able to get the hose back on and limped it to a honda dealer 5 minutes away. They had Honda blue antifreeze (used in the gold wings) instead of green- the sales guy said it was compatible, a quick search on the inter web confirmed this.
I got her home without a temp light coming on, now I'm wondering if I should drain and put the green back in - what do you guys think?

The Honda blue coolant is All I run in mine. It's has no Silicates, which are hard on your water pump seals.

Back