Whats up with coolent/antifreeze?

JeRome

Combat Veteran
Ride
2017 Rocket 3
D26EA678-84EB-4591-8394-510412AEB053.png
Seriously are we all wasting our money? Should we really buy the best stuff.

Well I reckon that if we're going to be opening up the engine every year to do a detent spring or such, then there's no real need to get paranoid. Mind you I add DEI to mine anyway.

Regarding triumph coolant, has it got any antifreeze qualities? We had an exceptional winter with many extremely cold consecutive days - this being by North Dakota standards - and I noted a small puddle under my R3T. Our garage is attached but I heated. I have not yet had a chance to dig it out and inspect the cooling system as other more important projects need tended to. It isn’t dribbling anymore, so hopefully it just gelled and pushed some out the overflow, but that should have gone to the bottle.

Regarding triumph coolant, has it got any antifreeze qualities? We had an exceptional winter with many extremely cold consecutive days - this being by North Dakota standards - and I noted a small puddle under my R3T. Our garage is attached but I heated. I have not yet had a chance to dig it out and inspect the cooling system as other more important projects need tended to. It isn’t dribbling anymore, so hopefully it just gelled and pushed some out the overflow, but that should have gone to the bottle.
My 05 Rocket does the same every winter in my unheated garage. Never dribbles when warm so I haven't looked into it either. Going to put new hoses on this year so will be looking for a cause.

Back