An age thing? Baldies and bikes!

My teenager informed me last night that he wants to wait a year before getting his learner's permit. I don't mind, but agree that there are many things keeping him busy these days.

Funny story, at my daughter's wedding last year, they're lining us up for the rehearsal, and I'm thinking ok, this should be easy, I just have to remember I line up behind the short bald guy. Now these guys are all 30 or younger. I look, 4/6 of the guys standing up in the wedding are short and bald, dang.

I reckon you can FEEL a rocket coming before you hear it but still people pull out, drive at you because you are invisible (I mean, we are all spawn of the devil on bikes so who cares? right?). One guy was looking me straight square in the eye, I get right up to him and he pulled out of a side road across my path. I was slowing down because I knew he was going to do it, or assumed he would! but COME ON!!!

/rant off.

Right on, man! Every time I go out. And most is 1/2 hour or less.

The kids are all living a virtual life. They don’t even have girlfriends. Living there lives online! Can’t look you in the eyes when you talk to them and backs have humps from looking down at the smart phone! Computers are leaving them on the sideline of life!

Back