JF some pics of it in my album :rolleyes:

A feeble old man rides it already ;) my riding skills were not great when I was young, now at over 60 even worse.

I love acceleration, but I could get myself into trouble a lot easier than I could get out of it. :oops:

So unlike Scott who clocks up the miles on his monster,

I chicken out & leave the beast at home most of the time ( I don't mean the wife) & take the Bonnie instead.

i wont have my rocket till december

but when i get to ride it for the first time im gonna be scared ****less!!

im gonna pull out on the road shaking like a dog ****tin peach pits when i take her out for the maiden voyage!!!

then on sunday morning about half hour after sun up im gonna pull onto the interstate on ramp where i can see for about 4 miles un obstructed..

then ill lean on her really hard .. till she scares me to tears..then ill hopefully hold the throttle down for a few more seconds

till i feel that undescribable rush of fear and determination:mad:...till i feel what ive smothered out for the last 19 yrs, so i could raise my beautiful family.i want to push her till i feel 110% ALIVE!!

my wife does"nt seem to understand what im saying....mabey you fellas do...

waiting on december feels like a prison sentance

no matter though....come spring time...its daddys turn:sneaky:

You might want a flyscreen (if you aint got one) before you get too excessive, you'll think your head is gonna come off

Congrats on the bike by the way, you wont regret it!

OMG

Trirocket....that is an awesome machine!!!............Now I know I... Really, Really, Really.....Know I hate you.....:p:p:p

It is a shame that you leave that machine at home most of the time...I know the Bonnie is a nice ride to do the around town thing....But.....But...Oh never mind.........Just a beautiful and powerful machine you have there.

Bill W.

Just a little advise for you...take your time with the Rocket...There is no doubt that it will scare you.. The Rocket is a totally different machine than you have ever rode.

I would bet good money that your Sunday morning run will not last more than 20 seconds...I don't think you will use 1/4 of the 4 miles you have at your safe run place.

One thing to help you out just a bit so you do not mess your drawers on the first hard top end run you make....The Crank Shaft...It is a very heavy crank shaft for a M/C...The first time you get the Rocket wound up tight and you cut the throttle back...you may have a sick feeling run through your body.
The crank shaft has so much centrifugal torque when you chop the throttle it will feel like the throttle is stuck WFO...for a long time....it may only be a split second but your mind will not think so... Just be warned. LMAO

When I got back into riding my biggest fear was intersections!!! speed didn't matter, moms and teens texting are usually slow enough to navigate. Big sweeping turns full of asphalt patches get my rocket bouncing up and down at speed that sometimes make me very aware of the moment. If 130 kph scared me (the average speed on the hwy) I wouldn't ride. Maybe a safety coarse to help your confidence is for you. I never took one but knowing your ACTUAL limits might make riding less fearful and more fun.

Nice post and I agree!
The past 50 years of road riding I have had three crashes. All resulted in broken bones and all occurred while I was NOT fanging it. All were caused partially by my lack of focus BECAUSE I was not riding fast. I agree that one should honestly assess his true skill level and remain within that - especially when fanging.
1olbull

note to self...bring extra britches for maiden voyage..

thanks for the replie fellas..

joey f your probably right about the 20 seconds.. that ok with me though.. its gotta be about quality not quanity.

i cant put into words what getting my rocket means to me..my first vehicle was a motorcycle..so to spend 19 years with out one ...well...

i cant wait to put miles on the bike again.there is somthing spiritual about a motorcycle if ya ask me...especially one that will consistantly scare the crap out of you..

ultimatly this bike IS my bucket list.. ive taught both my boys to ride the oldest is 21 and the youngest is 11.Both ride well

youngest is accomplished local MX/hare scramble rider ..this whole 19 yr. process is so that when my youngest turns 18 my boys and i will start here in south dakota...head south to texas coast then decide right or left up the coast..run along the very north end of the U.S then down the other coast, back to texas then back home..

i cant wait to experiance the good times and memories between now and then.. ill probably take the wife on a ride or 2 till then

note to self...bring extra britches for maiden voyage..

thanks for the replie fellas..

joey f your probably right about the 20 seconds.. that ok with me though.. its gotta be about quality not quanity.

i cant put into words what getting my rocket means to me..my first vehicle was a motorcycle..so to spend 19 years with out one ...well...

i cant wait to put miles on the bike again.there is somthing spiritual about a motorcycle if ya ask me...especially one that will consistantly scare the crap out of you..

ultimatly this bike IS my bucket list.. ive taught both my boys to ride the oldest is 21 and the youngest is 11.Both ride well

youngest is accomplished local MX/hare scramble rider ..this whole 19 yr. process is so that when my youngest turns 18 my boys and i will start here in south dakota...head south to texas coast then decide right or left up the coast..run along the very north end of the U.S then down the other coast, back to texas then back home..

i cant wait to experiance the good times and memories between now and then.. ill probably take the wife on a ride or 2 till then

bill widrig,
That there was well said! You made me retouch those feelings I had MANY years ago!
I may not know you, Amigo; but, based upon your words, I am really happy for you.
Thanks for sharing these personal feelings, likely experienced by many of us "BROTHERS" on this forum.
Very Best Regards,
1olbull

Back