Aluminum Wheel Polish

Mitchcpc

Supercharged
I just picked up a 4" pad polisher for my angle grinder. What do you all think is the best aluminum polish to use. My 2007 wheels are looking a little dull. CadFather still on this site?

I use Mother's metal polish on my chrome and aluminum. It's got wax in the polish and it'll really do nice work on road grime baked on your pipes.

Autosol is a good polish paste , certainly for hand/cloth polishing; but the Cad Father has posted quite a bit on the difference between simple buffing & true polishing.

I have always used Autosol until recently, when three different friends recommended Zeppelin/Brilliant metal polishes. They are liquid polishes and are soooo much easier to use than Autosol. I use the Zeppelin Metal Prep on the wheels to take off any spotting or oxidation, then use the Brilliant Metal Polish for aluminium and stainless steel to bring the wheels to a shine. I use the chrome polish on the shiney shiney bits, the finishing spritz on the non paint/non metal bits and the gloss polish for the painted bits.

Without exaggeration, the results are ten times better. Look at my baby shine:

The UK distributor is www.thepolishingcompany.com but I think they are American made products.

I had bad water spots all over my wheels when I first picked up my Rocket. I tried lots of stuff to get rid of the spots. A couple of days ago, I used "Never Dull" and removed the spots. Hopefully, the "Never Dull" didn't damage the clear coating on the wheels.

Not sure, but I am thinking my 07 has no clear coat on the wheels.....They get dirty and don't want to come clean. I am going to get me some of that Zeppelin/Brilliant metal polishes.

Either there never was a lacquer on my wheels, or I polished the lot off.. Either way it's bare metal. No salt/ice up here in winter tho :lol: so that helps heaps

I'm still around on the site, but my internet time is severely limited since my service at home is disconnected. It may take me a few days to answer but I will.

CAD

Back