Almost 100 members in less than 14 days!

Only if the post.

So true!

Of the various forums I frequent ALL have lopsided poster to membership numbers. Even with the extra anonymity the INTERNET offers it is a bit odd that so few post. Maybe the personnel commitment that posting requires is more than many are willing to give. The words "Lurk, Lurker or lurking" is practically synonymous with the INTERNET.:cool:

Since i bought the Rocket, I post much less on a Honda single cylinder forum I use to visit nearly every day.

It's really fascinating how I've wandered around to different forums but settled on none for any meaningful length of time. My wife thinks it's because I hate commitment, am an incurable loner with ADD........after I remind her I've been putting up with her guff for some 23 years she drops the commitment retorts....:D :)

PS Did i thank you Tomo for spellcheck?

Lurking... how true! And that is just fine. I frequent about 20 different forms myself. But I am an active poster in only a few of them. The others I mostly lurk for their entertainment value. But the bottom lime is... without a core of active posters, the forum just won't be interesting... and if it ain't interesting, it's gonna die.

This one has some good potential and I like the feel of it better than the other RIII forums. I hope it holds true to it's early promise of being mostly unrestrained. I'll still go to all three of them for the technical, mechanical and RIII specific knowledge, but this one hopefully will be the more entertaining one.

I hope it holds true to it's early promise of being mostly unrestrained. I'll still go to all three of them for the technical, mechanical and RIII specific knowledge, but this one hopefully will be the more entertaining one.

You sound like me...:D ...I think...:rolleyes:

Even though having a Rocket forum that's mostly unrestrained seems on the surface to be a logical way to attract bodies, it can often, if not held in check, turn into something much less than a Rocket forum. I think the R3.com forum is close to this now.:eek:

I think the key is to keep the sub forum themes pure and somewhat unadulterated, where every one acts like Ladies and Gentlemen.

I want as many Rocketeers here as possible, too conservative and it's boring and unnatural, too liberal and it becomes tense, uncomfortable, confrontational and lawless.

I like the idea of a separate area for adults. What I don't like is when the adult area habits start bleeding over into the PG13 area. In excess, I believe this will put the kabash on the easily offended, most women, kids whose travels are monitored by their parents, and the straight laced among us. Not to mention most of us who just come here for uncomplicated and hassle free Rocket talk, Rocket help, and Rocket camaraderie.

I really don't know for sure how Tomo will police this site, mainly cuz i don't REALLY know Tomo yet. I think so far he's doing pretty good!;)

(....one man's opinion)

I'm going to police it just the way you described. The PG 13 areas are going to stay that way so that people don't feel uncomfortable going in those areas. The Final Drive Forum will have some adult stuff in it, but I really want that to be motorcycle and/or Rocket related adult stuff, and if you read the sticky at the top of the forum I think I have spelled out what we don't want in there. We have a couple of posts and links that go a little beyond what I had hoped but I am going to stay cool and relaxed for awhile. I told Hondax that after a couple of weeks we will do a poll on how people feel about adult content and we may change what is allowed in there. This isn't censorship by a dictator.. it will be a decision by a democracy.

No matter what I'm not going to allow **** just for ****'s sake. There are only 4 bazillion sites out there that do that... this is a motorcycle site. If there is some adult stuff that concerns motorcycles... I'm in.

Lurkers... what are ya gonna do with them? Something motivates them not to post. I have a little advice for them... its more fun to post than lurk. Plus... there is a very good chance you know something we don't and if you share it you will be famous and get invited to Jay Leno's house.

If you guys and gals have ideas... problems... or whatever, email me and we will discuss it. I keep these things very confidential and would never expose anyones thoughts to the public, unless it was OK with them. I have learned a ton in the past year and I still have a lot more to learn.

100 members... I think half of those are R3.com guys coming over to have a peak and/or give Tommo a mouthful :p But like any site, as the members genuinely grow, so do the posters' on the site.

[No matter what I'm not going to allow **** just for ****'s sake. There are only 4 bazillion sites out there that do that... this is a motorcycle site. If there is some adult stuff that concerns motorcycles... I'm in.

/QUOTE]

And of course all the little video clipsthat ejmoment are not **** , for ****s sake . Cant see alink to motorcycles there .
That will encourage the lady owners , not .

And of course all the little video clips that ejmoment are not **** , for ****s sake . Cant see a link to motorcycles there .
That will encourage the lady owners , not .

Good point Sully. Ejmonent is testing the waters. Judging by the response to his posts, the temperature is fine with good visability........:rolleyes:

Sully I guess ONE Rocket III site can't be all things to all Captains, passengers and fans. We are simply to diverse a people. Too bad......

In a way Sully is right... I fear that some people will pass our site by because of this, we have very few active lady members and I wouldn't be surprised if this is the reason why. I did post some more exact gudielines that may have been unclear when some of that content was posted... so lay the blame on me for being unclear. If you feel that I just made these up please go read the AUP that has been in place since before the site opened. I know hardly anyone reads the AUP :D so I can see why there may be some confusion. I, somehow, have to walk a fine line between being tasteful and fun verses something less desireable.

I just ask that everyone keep an open mind on this... its really a minor issue as there aren't that many posts there, and if we all work together we can come up with something that will work for all.

Back