Alarms Systems

Flipper,

Loudly announcing your presence may cause the opposite affect in some cases.:eek:

Busa... the floor is yours. tehehe

We have had conceal carry for a few years now, no impact on crime rates. This last July a state law was passed lowering the standard for using lethal force to defend your home and vehicle, a "fortress doctrine." Basically if they are in your home you can shoot whether they are armed or not. And if you are being car jacked you can shoot no matter what. I have no problems with such legislation, however people have grand hopes that the crime rate is going to fall off. Reality is this change in law will only affect a handful of (if any) people over our lifetimes.

I had the misfortune of an attempted lo-jacking of my truck with intentions of kidnapping my rather cute passenger; it was nearly 10 years ago. I wrestled the .22 cal auto from the jacker and rumptered his gut with it, with a quick jab of the barrel into his mid section. It was a rather gruesome site. Not a shot was fired. He was a early paroled felon; he recovered and is still resting comfortably behind bars.

Last edited:
Factory Alarm

I had a factory alarm fiited, ($800.aust.) It works fine, gives me peace of mind if I have to leave the bike out of direct eyesight. One bit of advice would be, to be wary, of Televison broadcast towers. If you activate the alarm in close proximety to the towers you cannot start the bike again until you move away from the interferance . You want to hope its down hill cos they're pricks of things to push.
Best regards Cappy, down under.

Internatrix TW-400 Alarm System

The Internatrix system works fairly well. It's quite sensitive on the perimeter alarm. Even the dog can't sneak up on the beast. And I'm not sure whether dog's loud barking sets it off as well. The perimeter alarm has micro-adjuster for sensitivity. Should you consider the TW-400 be sure to heed their caution about the connector for the perimeter sensor. Be Very careful with it. In fact, it would be a best idea to securely tape or tie wrap the connecting wire to the body of the sensor right away.

The shock sensor, when mounted securely, is also quite sensitive. There's a means to desensitize it by about 30%. In windy conditions the alarm can go off. The system also has an ignition lock-out and it can be wired to the turn signals. Also, there is the verbal warning feature. This reminds you to turn on the alarm when the ignition is shutdown but more importantly it advises the bothersome pest to keep their distance. "You toucha my bike I smasha yo face." The instructions suggest a micro switch for the audio alert if you don't care to be reminded to turn the system on. Switch it on, after you've alarmed the system for intruder alerting.

The Internatrix TW400 can be set for one or both features: Shock or Shock and Perimeter Alarms

The small remote/pager has a very weak audio output. Almost useless; and this is the basis for my fair rating. Now if you're willing to substitute your nose or ear ring with the pager fob, it'll do just fine.

Overall it is a good buy for $147 delivered. A great deal for increased peace of mind. Now if I could figure how to wire it into the Stebel Nautilus horn as well. While the alarm horn is said to be 120dbz it's a very high pitched siren and the sound doesn't penetrate structures well. The Stebel on the other hand will wake up the dead.

Back