Air horn installation.

Guys I mounted mine in the front, under the headlights. Where the O.E.M. one was. Mine is facing backwards ( to keep the water and dust out). But it's still loud enough people you ride by, can hear it good at 80 mph, and at 120 up I don't hear it at all but they still can.
I just took a stainless shelf support from an old ice box and made two 90 degree bends in it, drilled a couple of holes,
and presto changeo , no more embarrasing tweeter. The stebel horn fits the rocket, big motor, big sound. "THERE IS NO POLITE WAY TO SAY HELLO WITH THIS HORN". y'all take care and ride safe.
To GOD be the Glory, xhdskip

I've been using these horns for years and never had any problems with water causing a failure. So when I got my new rocket, I installed the horn under the bottom triple clamp.
Works great. Now if I can just figure a way to get more light up front without cleaning out the rest of my bank account.

The ones down low are the $15 ones from WalMart. I needed something and didn't have a bunch of money laying around after buying the bike. I will upgrade those later to something nicer but for now, they work fine.

air horn part two

toystoretom I got the idea from you

but your stuff is in plain view ,
I clearly see the need for a better horn I mean we ride the meanest bike with a vespa horn.
so I decided on the the Ferrari treatment I went and bought FIAM dual air horns and compressor.
then I had to figure out where to install them , took me a while because I did not want the horns to be seen. they cannot face forward for obvious reasons and still should be easy to service so after a whole afternoon of playing with them I did found the perfect spot . I mounted them on each side of the water hose below the rad facing outward one on each side bolted to the plastic bottom .ran the air hose behind the rad and installed the compressor in the spot where the vespa horn was bolted . nothing seen ,but let me tell you those fiam horns are just what this bike should have and here are the pictures , the whole sstem is hardly visible .

Attachments

• IMG_3099.jpg
    IMG_3099.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_3101.jpg
    IMG_3101.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
Back