About to do 600 mile oil/filter change and final drive gear oil

Here @dealer now resetting service going to hang with tech how had to take a class on r3
Adding connectivity module
Dealer reset only it’s a USA thing also I was told do not switch off On switch off until 60 min after riding
Because ECU is processing data :)
I keep everyone posted
Can you find out if we can reset from the cluster or if we have to plug it in to reset. Thanks

Can you find out if we can reset from the cluster or if we have to plug it in to reset. Thanks
Unfortunately yes dealers have to reset and log your data it’s a triumph thing to ensure warranty are done I did my own oil change as normal 15-50 full synthetic must keep logs if you don’t take to dealer where you bought oil and type so with that said I’ll use triumph filters until warranty runs out
They also check and drain rear axle per triumph recommends

remember to leave off-on switch ON after each ride at least an hour for ecu to learn / crazy I know but that’s what they said
Installed connectivity module it’s not under the tank as I thought
Frosty mourning up here in Nashville tornado a few days ago up here damage everywhere
Headed back to memphis this morning
Ps side -note picture of live-wire Harley dealership we visited wanting on gt getting done ( I drove bragging on how fast it is 0-60in 3sec this is there fastest bike I said really my gt 0-60 2.7 sec showed the gt for them to see there jaws dropped peace out for

Attachments

• DED69B2C-22F2-4AB7-97AA-C805481F45B3.jpeg
    DED69B2C-22F2-4AB7-97AA-C805481F45B3.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 12E47681-918D-4D81-8730-0416A4BF2A5E.jpeg
    12E47681-918D-4D81-8730-0416A4BF2A5E.jpeg
    336.5 KB · Views: 35
Just got my 1st dealer service done( about twice as many k's over) but no worries.
Only issue they cant figure out is "ignition immobiliser" warning light came one once and dealer error code is not showing up on Triumh troubleshoot list and they already changed battery in the fob. was telling me that key is not in proximity.

Just got my 1st dealer service done( about twice as many k's over) but no worries.
Only issue they cant figure out is "ignition immobiliser" warning light came one once and dealer error code is not showing up on Triumh troubleshoot list and they already changed battery in the fob. was telling me that key is not in proximity.
I cannot now get my first service done given everything is shut down. You mentioned that you went double the break in distance - is there any downside to this, or is it just ‘at least 600 miles’?

I cannot now get my first service done given everything is shut down. You mentioned that you went double the break in distance - is there any downside to this, or is it just ‘at least 600 miles’?
The thing is that the first oil change is a safety net.

If there's no issue inside, then a few more engine hours don't really matter. BUT if there is anything floating about in the block (swarf from mfr'ing - dead pixies etc ) - It will have usually arrived at the sump or filters - and best removed. I have seen some real shyte come out of engines at first flushing. There is usually something albeit minor - the heat cycles and such always find some bit of crud to shift. Oil is cheap insurance.

Dealer said no big deal if it's over. As long as it's not thousands k's
Now I can give it a good beating.

Back