A slice of our obsession.

Azisbest

Turbocharged
Ride
2020 GT
I copied and pasted this post from another site because I thought the author did a great job of capturing a bit of why we ride and wanted to share it. I am not quite the authors age but I hope to feel this way still if I get there. Hope others enjoy this too.

I've loved riding since even before I started riding. Although a motorcycle never actually crossed my mind as a teenager, unlike a lot of you, I started to get the urge in mid 20's. But life got in the way and I didn't start riding until I was 40. But I've now been a rider for 35 years and hope to keep riding until I am on the brown side of the grass. Just riding is a always a thrill. My wife doesn't really understand that I can go out for an hour's ride on the same roads over and and over and never get bored because I am RIDING! I feel the years slip off me as soon as I put the bike in gear and twist the throttle, and the years stay away until I start getting off the bike and my bones, muscles and joints remind me I am 75 and have put this old body through a lot of crap. But today while riding I was reminded of one of the real special things about riding a motorcycle. Moving along at speed on this hot and humid day, I came to a spot where the road dipped down into a sort of valley that is heavily shaded with big trees. As the delicious cold air poured over me, it felt like I had just dived into a cool and refreshing lake. Maybe 7 or 8 seconds later I was back in the hot sun, but that 7 or 8 seconds is something that most people that only drive cars never experience. I was only out riding for about an hour and a half, covering 72 miles, but it made this a very good day indeed.

On the money.
I am fortunate to have good riding roads near me and ride them over and over and also never get bored.
60 to 90+ miles on a combination of routes with only 5 or 6 traffic lights is pretty ok in my book.

Only problem is the aching bones after the ride. ;-)

I love the cool breezes but on the flip side when you are stuck in traffic in georgia in the summer...

...yes we all ride for those very same reasons...i'm sure.
For the stiffness and aches when you get off...put the bike and gear away and walk...walk the dog or whatever...just walk. The stiffness will ease...

Back