A new 1% biker gang...

It's a carefully written article designed to monger more fear. Note the use of the present perfect: " German Muslims have established": This creates the impression that it's just occurred or is in the process of occurring. The reality is that these groups have been around for some years. They are not 1% motorcycle clubs, they are street gangs, usually comprising disaffected young Turkish-Germans, looking for a sense of identity. We've seen these kind of groups in Australia in the guise of the Muslim Brotherhood and Notorious. German authorities are alarmed apparently, though which particular authorities these are, remains unclear. the BfV ( Bundesamt für verfassungsschutz) reports that maybe we should be alarmed. Frequent use of reported speech disperses any particular attributable accuracy.

Don't get me wrong, I lived in Germany for 8 years and it's clear that these groups are a bunch of nasty little ****s, but that doesn't make 'em 1%ers. :)

".. after countless attempts in increasing their member base, German Muslim Biker gangs finally decided to exclude suicide bombing from initiation ceremonies.." :)
Suicide bombers.jpg

It's a carefully written article designed to monger more fear.
And very possibly "funded". I have a German friend who is a journalist - When AIDS was suddenly news she was commissioned to write an article and the statistics suggested that Germany was a bad as the Congo. State funded. Blame teh foreigners - except they're not.

And yes they are more than likely to be second or third generation offspring of Turks - whose families were invited in to do the hard work in the 60s and 70s.

But one of my best memories of Germany is sitting with my German neighbor in a bar catering to low paid Turks - and an old chap who came over and plonked a bottle of Raki on the table to celebrate international peace. A gent is a gent: a thug is a thug - really makes no difference who you are.

Back