A few questions for Texas R3T owners

Just picked up a R3T in the Dallas area. I had Geico on my VTX1300R and was paying $400 a year. When quoting the R3T it went up to $600. I ended up going through USAA, who uses Progressive for motorcycle insurance. One thing to note, all the quotes were about $100 cheaper between an ABS and non ABS model.

Attachments

• Prog-Ins.PNG
    Prog-Ins.PNG
    13.4 KB · Views: 1
Just picked up a R3T in the Dallas area. I had Geico on my VTX1300R and was paying $400 a year. When quoting the R3T it went up to $600. I ended up going through USAA, who uses Progressive for motorcycle insurance. One thing to note, all the quotes were about $100 cheaper between an ABS and non ABS model.

Good to know, Andrew. I definitely would be going with an ABS model anyway, so it's nice they provide a substantial discount for it.

If you want a dealership that is really knowledgeable & cares about the customer and can't find one in Austin, go to RPM Cycle in Dallas, they are a Triumph dealership. I can't say enuff good things about them and I usually don't do dealerships, I also do most of my own tooling but when I need them they come thru :thumbsup:

Howdy from Georgetown. I have been looking at a new (2017) R3 at Woods Fun Center on north 35. I did a test ride the other day and OMG! I have been riding over 30 yrs and have never ridden anything like the Rocket. I have watched several YouTube videos posted by new owners and there seems to be a consistent theme that it takes a while to get used to riding this bike. I can jump on a Bonneville and it takes a few rounds around the parking lot and its all sorted. But after riding the Rocket I feel like I would need a few days of riding to get comfortable with it. But that is part of the fun. I think the rocket needs narrower handle bars and I would look into replacing the stock bars with a set of Harley Heritage Softail bars. (they are kind of mini apes) I had this same problem with my Road King, the stock bars were way too wide and low and it wasn't confidence inspiring. The narrower bars cured this and really improved the handling. So now I'm working on my wife to agree to buying a bike and that may take some time, but thats ok, the longer the Rockets sit on the show room floor the more the dealers are willing to lower the price. Ride Safe all

Funny the differences between states, I pay about $600 in NY for 6 bikes, all full collision. Progressive.

Insurance is an absolute racket. Insurance is what Al Capone used to sell. Pay up or else. I've been single since 1992, and there is no reason I should have to buy a policy for every vehicle I own, (7), when I can only drive/ride one at a time! Insurance policy's should be sold to the person, not each individual vehicle. We all should be able to buy as much, or as little insurance as we want, and issued an insurance card, showing the amount of coverage "WE" have. If I want to drive your new Corvette, you simply ask to see my insurance card, to check if I have enough coverage to cover your vehicle, and so on and so forth. Insurance is supposed to be for us humans, not items. And finally to ad to my rant, you NEVER know how good your insurance is, until you try to use it! Just "pay up or else"!:banghead:

Howdy from Georgetown. I have been looking at a new (2017) R3 at Woods Fun Center on north 35. I did a test ride the other day and OMG! I have been riding over 30 yrs and have never ridden anything like the Rocket. I have watched several YouTube videos posted by new owners and there seems to be a consistent theme that it takes a while to get used to riding this bike. I can jump on a Bonneville and it takes a few rounds around the parking lot and its all sorted. But after riding the Rocket I feel like I would need a few days of riding to get comfortable with it. But that is part of the fun. I think the rocket needs narrower handle bars and I would look into replacing the stock bars with a set of Harley Heritage Softail bars. (they are kind of mini apes) I had this same problem with my Road King, the stock bars were way too wide and low and it wasn't confidence inspiring. The narrower bars cured this and really improved the handling. So now I'm working on my wife to agree to buying a bike and that may take some time, but thats ok, the longer the Rockets sit on the show room floor the more the dealers are willing to lower the price. Ride Safe all

Quit a few of us have dropped one tire size down and find it rides like a completely new bike, especially at lower speeds. Look into the thunder bars also. Rocket III OVER Oversize TBars 1.5

Or you could check with @chandelierman to see if he has any more of the ones he had made

I was paying about $800 for my R3R and my wife's VStar 650 Custom with Progressive....... Then I moved to Miami..... now it is $2300 after switching to Geico, Progressive was even more.... This city sucks!

We only use the USAA/Progressive link for autos and home insurance now.

Back