A Big Thankyou

mav68

.020 Over
Mate a big thanks to Dougl and Pig9 for your tyreless pursuit of Rocket performance and posting tips and tunes. I just downloaded and tested the latest tune you have posted Pig9 after doing the 3K&N filter mod. Man does the beast run smooth and powerfull. It runs like a performance bike should. Totally stoked. Cut one inch off the bottom edge of bear claw to still have a little rain protection. Posted a pic in my album.
Regards Mav68

mav68

Mate a big thanks to Dougl and Pig9 for your tyreless pursuit of Rocket performance and posting tips and tunes. I just downloaded and tested the latest tune you have posted Pig9 after doing the 3K&N filter mod. Man does the beast run smooth and powerfull. It runs like a performance bike should. Totally stoked. Cut one inch off the bottom edge of bear claw to still have a little rain protection. Posted a pic in my album.
Regards Mav68

Went and looked at your bear claw mod and have to say thats the best cut I have seen.The K&Ns set in there like they are stock.Great job..Jack Pigger bring that pict up here..

I marked the bear claw with a marker taking off about 1&1/2inch from bottom. I put tape over top half so as not to mark and used a jig saw with a fine metal cutting blade. I then went over edge with a dremel and smoothed edges. I really had a good look at what I wanted to take off before I made the cut. I wanted to have the coolant tank still hidden and still have a little protection from water. The black paint was on from before to excentuate the triple intake.
That latest tune of yours Pig9 is a winner!!!

As long as we are on this subject, what type of paint and what prep do you guys do to paint the radiator shroud? I realize it's cheap vacuum plated plastic like a model car kit but what is the procedure. I was considering color matching mine to the bike.

Flip,I was going to tell you how but I cant spell scof so forget it..Jack

Piggy Flip

67 deg.here for the last 3 days and they say tommrow too.. Flip just scuff the chrome with a scotch brite pad,even a brillo pad will work or 400 wet or dry then use a good primer and paint.All the new paints even the rattle can stuff is a lot better today than in the past..Have fun..Jack

Jack:

I appreciate that tip. I'm thinking of painting the radiator shroud to match the black out job I did on the exhaust flanges care of you.

I do have to take some pictures of the exhaust but I'' wait until I mount my handlebar wiring clamps and do the who she-bang together.

Back