4th to 5th Gear Issue / Gearbox Problem

Jukos

Standard Bore
Joined
Sep 29, 2026
Messages
2
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Touring
Hi everyone. I have a question for you – has anyone experienced something similar on their Rocket?
I own a 2013 R3 Touring and I’ve had the bike for about a year. I’ve done quite a lot of miles this season and recently noticed something strange.
When shifting into 5th gear above 100 km/h (around 60 mph), I can feel a kind of kickback / small bump through the gear lever. The gear goes in normally and does not jump out while riding.
When riding more gently and at lower speeds, 5th gear shifts smooth as butter.
I spoke to my mechanic and he also finds it a bit strange. He said that if there was a problem with the gearbox and the gear wasn’t engaging properly, he would expect the gear to jump out.
Has anyone experienced something similar? Could this be something typical for the Rocket, or perhaps an issue with the gear linkage adjustment?
I’d appreciate any suggestions or ideas.