4 Days with no power - stupid ice storm

We lose power on rare occasion during the winter, but if we get a hurricane we could be out of power of weeks, and being close to a major city us country folk aren't high on the priority list. We are having a 27KW unit put in as soon as I can find the funds which means I'll only be out of power for as long as it takes the automatic switch gear to kick the generator on and it will run everything in the house A/C units, well, septic, hot tub, etc

Been there my brother!

After living on a generator compliments of two of the four hurricanes we went through in '04; I bought a bigger one.

I run it a couple times every year, and haven't had to use it seriously yet, which is just fine with me!

My Dad was without power for 10 days after the second one, and a week after the third hurricane that year.

Disregarding the property damage; those ice storms look like they may be rougher to get by in the aftermath than some hurricanes.

I've always said that I'm not living anywhere where if I pass out drunk in a ditch; I'll wake up dead!

Words I've chosen to live by.

Rick

Time to get the kold kutters out on the rocket

the track not always groved up this bad....its worse.....

lived there and used to race......but now here in north georgia no ice.......more street riding time.....lol

enjoyed the pics by the way nice to see but wouldnt go back....have fun

My sister came up north from Oshawa for Christmas and partially avoided most of the carnage from that ice storm. Her 20 foot hedge is now around 8 foot high. Those photos really paint a picture of nature at 2 extremes....beauty and destruction.

Up here it gets too cold for the majority of ice storms. Currently -35C with wind chill at -42C and not expected to get any warmer this week.

Did I say I hate winter....

Back