Tuesday 8th we rode there. Tribal, Claviger, OllBull and K9 met at Frio and rested. Come morning we rode to Camp wood on 337 and north on 55 to Rocksprings to have breakfast. Then rode 674 south to Brackettville. Some easy turns and top speed straights in desolated Texas Hill Country. It is very dry so it looked like El Gran Chaparral. Tribal has captured the essence of those views. After fuel in Brackettville we rode 334 east to Laguna and 55 north to Camp Wood. This roads are not technical but the views are nice.

Thursday Steve(OllBull) and Rob took us through Vanderpool and Medina to Kerrville. If you have not tone that ride, you have to come to Leakey and ride it. We had lunch by the Guadalupe river. Robs bike could not be serviced so we rode back. There are several roads in that area that are must rides. Steel, T and Nolton arrived well and joined the pack that evening. A cold front came through with windy/cool air.

Friday; Rob ventured in the cold air to Kerrville while Anthony and Theresa rode in from Houston. I hear that the rides to Kerrville and from Houston were wet and cold. Mad Dog and his two young guns arrived in the afternoon. We had dinner and a fun camp fire time. The young guns and an Act!

Saturday; Rob and Anthony took a much larger pack through Camp Wood and 335 north the Hills to Hunt. I hear that Rob and Anthony and the rest of the front pack looked like F16s in TopGun. All made it back safe happy and satisfied. A Texas girl got married, old school by the Frio and we were deputized as witnesses. We had dinned and camp fire times and crashed.

Come Sunday; Anthony and Theresa took off to Big Bend and The Dog Pack took off to OK, early. Some of us lingered till 11am. Just like that it was done. Too fast. If you blink in these events you loose something special. To all how came, thank you. Those are The Good Times "Le Bon Temps" I don't get along with anybody so being able to hang with a pack like that is ultra special. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

GOC, get well. Let us know when you are ready and we will keep our pledge and you will ride Hills or better yet, Close to Heaven, West Virginia.

Last edited:
Thanks for organizing the event Ric/1K9,
Great work - an excellent time was had by all.

Thanks to Steel, I am in bliss eating cracklings and spicy Pepper Jack Cheese Boudin balls for breakfast.

40C62579-19C6-4AED-AFE9-3B87746F4DE8.jpeg

At least you made it to your destination my friend.

We made it 100 miles from our destination and Theresa's Ryker took a ****. Engine is surging then shutting down. Letting it cool down didn't help.
$700 tow bill to the nearest dealer, $600 in cancelled hotel fees and so far $200 in hotel waiting for the dealer top open Tuesday morning.

A little bit of money gone, bike down for awhile. But at least it didn't happen in the sisters and caused accidents. We have more bikes and we'll make more money. I guess they are called adventures cause anything can happen...

@mexican give them a year or two or find one real cheap. Also, only the 900 Rallye can turn off traction control. The regular 900 and 600 cannot, so no burnouts.
The 900 rally it is then, thanks for the info, sorry about your bike troubles!

Thanks for organizing the event Ric/1K9,
Great work - an excellent time was had by all.

Thanks to Steel, I am in bliss eating cracklings and spicy Pepper Jack Cheese Boudin balls for breakfast.

40C62579-19C6-4AED-AFE9-3B87746F4DE8.jpeg
The Pepper Jack boudin balls are the best thing ever! Were the cracklings warm when you got them?

The Pepper Jack boudin balls are the best thing ever! Were the cracklings warm when you got them?

yepper, not sure why we don’t have them at home. I’m going to talk with my sausage guy and see if he can make them with venison.

I asked for fresh cracklings and they were warm and tasty.

They are breaking ground on a new building today next door for a factory to make more product to supply other stores and to ship. I met the owner and her dad.

Back