2013 Tours and Ramair

Broadside

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket Roadster
Hi wizards , I have always looked at the posts and thought I would never go into the tuning of my Roadster but because of you lot I'm wanting a better sound for my bike and now I have got some Tours I may as well order the Ramair as well , would I be right in thinking tune 20776 would be ok ? This is because of all this Lockdown its getting all my attention now cable ordered and studying how to use tune ecu and if Android is as good as Windows ? Thankyou for your time if you can point me in the right direction ? Cheers now for a San Miguel :)

Hi wizards , I have always looked at the posts and thought I would never go into the tuning of my Roadster but because of you lot I'm wanting a better sound for my bike and now I have got some Tours I may as well order the Ramair as well , would I be right in thinking tune 20776 would be ok ? This is because of all this Lockdown its getting all my attention now cable ordered and studying how to use tune ecu and if Android is as good as Windows ? Thankyou for your time if you can point me in the right direction ? Cheers now for a San Miguel :)

I have a touring model so can’t help with the tune but the ram air is great and android version of tune ECU is easier to use, has more options and is still supported!

I have a touring model so can’t help with the tune but the ram air is great and android version of tune ECU is easier to use, has more options and is still supported!
Thanks Jag , it's good to know about Android as I would prefer to use my tablet , cheers

Hi - check your VIN to make sure you get the correct map.

Roadster up to VIN # 574812 is 20352

TOR exhaust file for early model Roadsters 2009-2013 is
OEM_TOR
_Tune_20355 in the Resources section.

There are also custom maps for intake+exhaust mods based on 20352/20355 here: TuneECU Custom tune list Triumph

step 1 is always to upload the map on the bike and save it to
your device so you can recover or go back if needed.

Once you get it close with someone else's map it is recommended to get your bike on a Dyno and custom tuned for your specific
setup.

Hi - check your VIN to make sure you get the correct map.

Roadster up to VIN # 574812 is 20352

TOR exhaust file for early model Roadsters 2009-2013 is
OEM_TOR
_Tune_20355 in the Resources section.

There are also custom maps for intake+exhaust mods based on 20352/20355 here: TuneECU Custom tune list Triumph

step 1 is always to upload the map on the bike and save it to
your device so you can recover or go back if needed.

Once you get it close with someone else's map it is recommended to get your bike on a Dyno and custom tuned for your specific
setup.
Thanks Tribal , I hadn't thought about the vin number, that's something I shall check out , my concern was fitting the ramair and tors and giving it to a dyno tuner whilst running so weak , so with some sort of tune beforehand would give the bike a fighting chance .cheers

Exactly. It will run too lean with those intake & exhaust mods without remapping.
R3R_slip or Roadster_20352Map_Opti2.hex maps appear to be good choices for a 2013 R3R with TORs and Ramair and should be close enough until you can
find a tuner if you think it needs to be dialed in better. Read the Info on them and adjust if needed.

Exactly. It will run too lean with those intake & exhaust mods without remapping.
R3R_slip or Roadster_20352Map_Opti2.hex maps appear to be good choices for a 2013 R3R with TORs and Ramair and should be close enough until you can
find a tuner if you think it needs to be dialed in better. Read the Info on them and adjust if needed.
Thankyou very much for your help , appreciated.

Your next step will be to get rid of that restrictive baffle box in the exhaust with a less restrictive crossover . It serves no purpose other than robbing power. You know that the catalytic converters are in the silencers and will be gone with the TORs.

Your next step will be to get rid of that restrictive baffle box in the exhaust with a less restrictive crossover . It serves no purpose other than robbing power. You know that the catalytic converters are in the silencers and will be gone with the TORs.
Hi yes I know the cat's are gone with the tors , but I have been told with a better crossover it will be a lot louder, maybe something to consider in the future tho, I've loaded the Android app but for the life of me can't download tunes into the tune ecu folder something about zip files ? Anyway cheers I shall get to the bottom of it when my cable comes , thanks for the info .

Back