For Sale 2007 Triumph Rocket 3 standard 7700 miles

If anyone is interested they're more than welcome to call me I've owned it since 400 miles

Service history? Update Kit?

[/QUOTE
All the service history is available
It' has never had any issues nor updates

The Update kit was a factory kit of about US$2000 worth of parts they sold cheap for just US$200 or so to fix an emerging problem with the transmission on the earlier bikes. It should show up on your service records if it was done. The kits are no longer available and R3 that have not been updated are considered a riskier purchase even with low miles like yours as the problem may emerge with a few thousand more miles.

The Update kit was a factory kit of about US$2000 worth of parts they sold cheap for just US$200 or so to fix an emerging problem with the transmission on the earlier bikes. It should show up on your service records if it was done. The kits are no longer available and R3 that have not been updated are considered a riskier purchase even with low miles like yours as the problem may emerge with a few thousand more miles.

I had asked this question at my Triumph dealer a few years back and they said that mine did not need it due to production date?

THE EMERGING PROBLEMS WERE NOT THE TRANSMISSION it was at the time the output shaft assembly causing major problem ,,,,I remember as I had to take that output shaft assembly off the motor casing to replace the cheap bearings which had broken up inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had asked this question at my Triumph dealer a few years back and they said that mine did not need it due to production date?
Great, I think Steel or Warp9.9 have posted about the cutoff date/ VIN numbers for the fix to be done factory pre shipment.

Factory upgrade kit # T1000009

Upgrade Kit Part number T1000009

It´s a factory upgrade kit, under warranty.

goes from win 000000 up to win 337294
# T1000008 for silver engines
# T100000) for black engines

in the kit :
smaller detent arm
2´gear goes from 8 engaging dogs, to 4
Spark plugs changes from dpr8ea-9 to dpr7ea-9
new fuel sensor
new sealing washers for oiltank
new cam chain guide
plus some minor wiring work

Upgrades or factory recalls

Are they going to make a 2500cc rocket for sure not just speculation?

According to the Triumph rep for my area the new Rocket will be an "all new" bike. I have asked him several times about the displacement, every time he is very coy and he acts like he doesn't know anything about that. I met a fellow in 2011 that told me his uncle worked for a machining company that made several 2500cc engine blocks for Triumph. Another forum member was asked his opinion by Triumph at a bike show what he thought about a 2500cc 170 horsepower Rocket.

So with all the secrecy about the new Rocket I believe Triumph will be making a big deal out of the new bike when the launch comes in 2019 or 2020.

Back