200 HP Chase Begins .... Now Completed 14 Months In. WooHoo !!

This is from @warp9.9 when I asked him the same question- his answer with some additional comments on a problem I was having at the time. The procedure to tighten the adjuster is in there though..... Hope this helps.
cam-chain-tensioner-jpg.106379

At the risk of upsetting you, you could send me a bloody email. If you have the valve cover off, tighten the tensioner by hand, until the chain has no play. Do not add tension. Rotate engine a couple of turns and stop it with the drive side loaded by the valve train. Then check tension again. You don't want the chain to be under load, just have no slack. My current state of life/ work is such that I rarely spend time on the web. But I do check my emails twice a day. Cheers Bill

At the risk of upsetting you, you could send me a bloody email. If you have the valve cover off, tighten the tensioner by hand, until the chain has no play. Do not add tension. Rotate engine a couple of turns and stop it with the drive side loaded by the valve train. Then check tension again. You don't want the chain to be under load, just have no slack. My current state of life/ work is such that I rarely spend time on the web. But I do check my emails twice a day. Cheers Bill
I like to call! Its way cool talking to Mr. Lush on a time delay phone call. 😬(already nervous as a whore in church)

Today I used my homemade @Rocket Scientist designed valve depressing tool to remove and replace the valve shims without taking the cams out. All came out as I want them. Exhaust are set from .18 to .19. Intake are set from .13 to .15.

Also got the manual cam chain tensioner set well. Thanks Neville.

Back