Piggy

Finding first is common for all model years. I recommend feathering the clutch slightly then retapping it in first. Or letting the bike roll forward or backward a hair them engaging first. It does improve with time, whether that is due to the tranny breaking in or the rider, I am not sure.

Just the other day I thought it was in first, I took off from a light and got about 10 feet((( before it slipped out.))))

If It was longer It wouldnt slip out....BJC

just a theory on the finding nuetral. i know its habit to shut down and park in nuetral but with these heavy bikes leaving it in gear is not a bad idea might keep her from rolling off kickstands any time soon. just food for though

just a theory on the finding nuetral. i know its habit to shut down and park in nuetral but with these heavy bikes leaving it in gear is not a bad idea might keep her from rolling off kickstands any time soon. just food for though

I hadn't thought about parking my bike facing downhill on a slope that would allow the beast to right itsellf and roll off the kick-stand. At what sort of mountain side are you parking? I carry a set of chocks. You know, a set of 4x4s tied together :)

Her3tic

Thats the first time I have heard (chocks) In about 10 yrs Ha. We were In the middle of nowhere with the govt trucks and stopped to eat at a small town restaurant and chocked the sububurns to go In and eat,.The small town sheriff comes In and says,What the hell,cant the Govt, afford emergency brakes on there new vehicles..We had to explain Govt.regs to him and he said It figures...BJC

On a trip this weekend I noted several times that I had issues (usually downshifting after coming to a stop) however I had not had problems prior. most issues were in the afternoon, highs each day were 90+. And my Rocket is now over 10,000 miles and due for check and oil change.(as well as front tire, rear brakes). I get the feeling that extremes in heat and a breakdown in oil may be the culprit. I do not think I will run the 10k on oil change again, Oil change will happen soon, but to get another 90+ day here in MI. Well I don't look for that till June.:mad:

Back