10.5:1 piston & lush cams

lunatic

.040 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket 3
During assembly reading the manual, it says to replace the main bearing ladder bolts. Have any of you reused them? I thought I had ordered all the parts needed for the piston change but I miss this. Looks like I will be waiting on the bolts to finish the job :banghead:

20190406_201933.jpg
20190406_202501.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
During assembly reading the manual, it says to replace the main bearing ladder bolts. Have any of you reused them? I thought I had ordered all the parts needed for the piston change but I miss this. Looks like I will be waiting on the bolts to finish the job :banghead:[/QUOTE

I didnt replace mine. I interpreted that differently.

I personally would buy some new ones and fit em… otherwise id always have a nagging what if thought going through my mind.. chances are they could be ok, but you have done all this work … be a shame if one didn't hold.

Also, I went and checked my manual, and it has the warning about using the correct torque sequence, but not the note about the bolts being reused. My manual only says to replace the big end rod bolts.....i dont know which version you have, I have the one by @idk .

Also, I went and checked my manual, and it has the warning about using the correct torque sequence, but not the note about the bolts being reused. My manual only says to replace the big end rod bolts.....i dont know which version you have, I have the one by @idk .

I feel better now that Lush replied, I trust him about the bolts. I got the manual off ebay last fall. My manual says the same thing about the torque sequence. I replaced the rod bolts and going to install new head bolts...Hope to have it running by next weekend then off to the dyno for a tune....I'm looking for 200hp at the tire...:)
20190407_123713.jpg

20190407_123800.jpg

Last edited:
Back