HELP!!! Backfire, pop, cut out HELP NEEDED!

I seriously think that is all the cutting out issue is. Am going to definitely take this advice.

Cheers

now I need to get rid of the problems the galah's have put in for me.

+1 on that and another valid point is that all motorcycles should be sold with a small tube of dielectric grease (available at any auto parts store for $2-3) as that will eliminate corrosion and poor contact issues that are inevitable when electrical contacts of any kind are exposed to weather. :D

I have a question for you auto tune users. Do you all use the auto tune and then pullit off or leave it on and running. Just curious as all O2 sensors whether narrow band or wide band degrade over time. If this is true then as you sensor degrades it will start altering the map to the false degraded sensor. I was thinking of buying two PCV nits and one Auto tune unit. I figured I would use the auto tune on each bike and then pull it, store it until the need arises again. Just curious as if your leaving it in I will wait and see how long it is before the degraded signal alters your maps to much in either direction.
I sure like the concept though as it beats riding around with a laptop attached to the tank road tunning.

I have a question for you auto tune users. Do you all use the auto tune and then pullit off or leave it on and running. Just curious as all O2 sensors whether narrow band or wide band degrade over time. If this is true then as you sensor degrades it will start altering the map to the false degraded sensor. I was thinking of buying two PCV nits and one Auto tune unit. I figured I would use the auto tune on each bike and then pull it, store it until the need arises again. Just curious as if your leaving it in I will wait and see how long it is before the degraded signal alters your maps to much in either direction.
I sure like the concept though as it beats riding around with a laptop attached to the tank road tunning.

That was one of the reasons my dyno guy told me just to install the pcv and let him map it he advised me not to bother with the auto tune for that very reason saying it would work great in the begining but in the end could actually work against me as it degrades. perhaps ill just leave it as is without the auto tune im happy with the way she runs anyway with the custom dyno map so no point trying to fix something that isnt broken i guess:cool:

I have left the wideband 02 sensor in since I initially installed the PCV w/ AT and I am about 5,500 mi. on that setup. I am not familiar with the life expectancy of this 02 sensor but 02 sensors in general are reasonably inexpensive. Hopefully someone will chime in with degrade rate/ life expectancy. I plan to phone dynojet as soon as they open and pose this degrade rate question.

Thanks for the information Mitch.
I hear guys on the Vmax site are having the same cut out probkems with the PCV whether they are using Auto tune or just the same PCV unit..

Unlike you lucky buggers down under we are entering the winter months which means the fuel has been altered to what they call a winter mix. I wonder if that is having a affect on the maps.

According to Dynojet and Bosch the lifespan of the wideband 02 sensor is 60,000-100,000 mi. (100,000-160,000 km.) The range of degrade is based primarily on richness of fuel ie... richer degrades faster and 'exceptionally rich' fuel could degrade the sensor significantly faster than 60,000 mi. Replacement wideband 02 sensors from Dynojet are priced at 100.00 usd plus 10.00 shipping.

+1 on that and another valid point is that all motorcycles should be sold with a small tube of dielectric grease (available at any auto parts store for $2-3) as that will eliminate corrosion and poor contact issues that are inevitable when electrical contacts of any kind are exposed to weather. :D
A Big + 1 on that about the Grease I keep it handy every time I do anything in the electrics:D

According to Dynojet and Bosch the lifespan of the wideband 02 sensor is 60,000-100,000 mi. (100,000-160,000 km.) The range of degrade is based primarily on richness of fuel ie... richer degrades faster and 'exceptionally rich' fuel could degrade the sensor significantly faster than 60,000 mi. Replacement wideband 02 sensors from Dynojet are priced at 100.00 usd plus 10.00 shipping.

Probably the dyno place was just recomending against it as he knew there wouldnt be any repeat buisness if i purchased it then :cool:
With those sort of miles i dont think i would mind replacing it thats for sure ;)

Back