HELP!!! Backfire, pop, cut out HELP NEEDED!

check the rubber manifolds the throttle bodies attach to. Make sur ethey are not damage and that all three throttle bodies are securly clamped, Sound like you sucking air.
Check and reset ISVC .

Had similar problem , dealers could'nt find the fault. Was a cracked (due to heat) plug on high tension lead. Would certainly take advice that Nev offered. He's just had a death in family and be back on deck on the 16th. Good luck mate ... keep at it .

Had similar problem , dealers could'nt find the fault. Was a cracked (due to heat) plug on high tension lead. Would certainly take advice that Nev offered. He's just had a death in family and be back on deck on the 16th. Good luck mate ... keep at it .

**** to hear about Nev's loss. Was going to callas it appears he's the only bloke who'd come up with that knows the bike and can fix it. Will mention the cracked plug. Cheers brother

check the rubber manifolds the throttle bodies attach to. Make sur ethey are not damage and that all three throttle bodies are securly clamped, Sound like you sucking air.
Check and reset ISVC .

They appear ok but will have a better look.

Cheers

triple k&N filters custom headers built by sam "lazarus"on this site "travel guy " on the .com site set of staintune pipes and crossover tune ecu base tune with secondaries open 100% also removed the butterflys rev limit moved to 6800 and a power comander v with custom map dynoed at powerhouse dynotuning on the goldcoast.
I also run a GIpro with atre which isnt really relavent but it was a mod i did.
and yeah that got me the 150 hp its a nice smooth delivery also pulls nice from stop to flat out :cool:

Sounds although the only thing I am missing is the custom headers! Thats my next step if I ever get this issue sorted.

Suggestion because haven't seen or tried the bike..

As you probably know the stock R3 is factory tuned with a retarded ignition in 1st thru 3rd gear.

To change this config you either use a Gpi Pro ATRE, or the ECU is reprogramed to eliminate the factory setting.

I am thinking that if the Ign timing is in the Factory setting with a modified AFR thru eCU map mods .. the Retard timing will cause the AFR to be rich and foul the plugs causing a misfire or rough running ..

Hard to diagnose when every man and his dog have had a dabble..sorry maybe more ideas to follow hopefuuly..

Good Luck

Hmmm, true, although when Dealer 'Tuned" it, they said it was too lean??? Might relay this as another thought to Lush for his opinion.

Thanks for your input

You're dealer sounds like my local dealer. If it doesn't throw a code, they don't know what the f they're doing. It's most likely a vaccum leak somewhere. Yours is pretty new though. Shoot.. shouldn't your bike be under warranty???? It's a 2010 model?

Yeah but like most dealers, once you do anything to it to change the way it goes they void your warranty. I'm more concerned about getting it running nice.

My thoughts too. I presume the initial problem of everything resetting when it cut out is fixed? Get them to check out the simple things - plugs, leads, vacuum. Feel your pain, mate. Don't give up on it though; it will be worth it in the end.

Thanks mate. Stupid but it really has pissed me off...2 techs 2 goes each and still crap....

I think the cutting i=out is sorted. hasn't done it since it went in first time but haven't really done enough k's to be 100% sure as it was an intermittent thing.

Back