HELP!!! Backfire, pop, cut out HELP NEEDED!

Ha Ha........:D only if you pay for the Airfare There and Back a note for you though, the bikes horn is negative switch so you need to run your positive relay switch wire directly to the horn wire and the negative relay wire to the horn source wire, memory fails me but I think I had to reverse the connections on the relay but it might be wise to check with an auto sparky, sorry but it was nearly two year ago and it is too dam hot to go and pull bike apart to trace wires to thier sources, if you connect it up as normal your horn will blow every time you turn on your ign:eek:

Hey thats no prob for a mechanic Hans :D
But thanks for the heads up..
Maybe won't need it now the Cats gone.. I can just use the throttle :D

PS.. :eek: you really disapointed me there Hans I thought you would have been happy to pay your own air fare as a gesture of rocketmanship ;)

:roll::roll::roll:

Rocket purring now!

took my Rocket to Moto Arena (Gold Coast)about a week ago - as the over reving/super rough running/crackle on back off and the 140KLM to the tank was really starting to get to me - Jeremy there diagnosed the TPS -had it replaced today and have just run up about 200 KLM - she is purring like a kitten!! - so good to have it back to normal again - they intially quoted me $300 and hit me up only $200 on the day ( those guys really ROCK ) - doesn`t get better than that! Talked to Triumph AUST - they are saying that there has not been an update on the TPS and probably its water in the fuel causing the problem? strange as a few guys on this forum tend to differ on the update! Maybe they are just trying to play it safe? we don`t want a recall now do we !! Oh no! - (my thoughts are if there is a recognised problem just fix it and earn some brownie points with your customers) - makes good business you`d think? A little PR sells a lot of bikes!!! I will keep you posted as to how it runs after a few weeks.

Last edited:
TPS change fixed it !

Well been a few weeks now and replacing the TPS sorted out all the issues re: backoff crackling/ over reving on no throttle / appauling consumption that I was having - the bike did died on the side of the road about a week ago (Trailer!) - was the ignition(+ out)wire letting go off the terminal - I added the Eastern beaver relay kit (thanks for the heads up `Hanso`)- real easy to fit by the way - cleaned out the suspect terminal on the bottom of the switch by hand with a small drill - it`s concave -( switch was still in place - bit hard to get at but better than lifting the ignition housing )tinned it with some solder fluid - then soldered the wire back - bit tricky soldering upside down but all worked good with patience - I`m sure it won`t carry on now that headlight load has now moved away from the switch. Rocket feel like "new" - I ride an R1 daily but it sure does feel great to get on this "beast" now and agin*.

Back