HELP!!! Backfire, pop, cut out HELP NEEDED!

But I just don't understand how it overcomes the Slowing down factors of the red paint and lambswool seat lol not to mention that car tire . Lol ease up big fella I'm just **** stirring ya geeeeeez lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yes I realize the Pcv map is just adjusting the map I have in the ecu it is leaning it out in spots as that map was a little rich for my bike and it wasn't running all that smoothly but with the Pcv map it corrected it

So when u install autotune does it completely ignore the ecu map altogether and just try to maintain the afr in the Pcv alone ? If so that would end up making mine too lean as it doesn't have the base map to compensate for it ? Is that how it works ?

So when u install autotune does it completely ignore the ecu map altogether and just try to maintain the afr in the Pcv alone ? If so that would end up making mine too lean as it doesn't have the base map to compensate for it ? Is that how it works ?

No it does not because as you can see the AFR table does not have any thing in some of the boxes particularly in the low rev and low Rpm areas and they actually say not to put anything in the first row also I noticed the AutoTune Activity light does not come on till 2% throttle, it still seems to rely on your base map in the areas where there are 0 in the box. What I have done is take thier mild map and add extra fuel (AFR 12.5 to 12.75) where I want to generate the the extra power and take away fuel (AFR 13.75 to 14) for areas where I want good Economy when I think I have it Right I will take it up to Canberra to the dyno to see if there are any other changes needed to meet "My Targets" if the Auto Tune is as good as it appears to be I won't be needing to make any chganges on the dyno but PowerComander do say you should set up your ideal AFR's on a dyno after that the AutoTune will savever needing to go back if you make other changes to the mottor like increasing Compression or Cams etc

OH ok so basically if im happy with the way my bike is running now i will be safe to just install the auto tune and it will just preserve my settings as they are or if anything tweak them a little for the better?
If so i will look at installing one .
I just a little hesitent to change anything because im so happy with the way it runs at the moment and im still trying to understand the way it functions .
I can see the benifet of autotune as long as it is going to preserve my settings and not undo all my hard earned moey spent on the dyno :cool:

i had simular problem after installing jardine exhaust k&n triple filters gi-pro,. power commander w/auto -tune .bike would run lean and just keep running leaner with auto-tune. plus bike was backfireing more&more then i disabled auto-tune & powercomander, use gipro as a gear indicator only. now i pulled baffles out of jardine exhaust but i loaded tune from tune ecu .bike runs great with program from tune ecu .but i still ocastioaly get a backfire from exhaust if i take of hard then let of throttle completely . tune ecu made a huge improve ment in my bikes performance.

i had simular problem after installing jardine exhaust k&n triple filters gi-pro,. power commander w/auto -tune .bike would run lean and just keep running leaner with auto-tune. plus bike was backfireing more&more then i disabled auto-tune & powercomander, use gipro as a gear indicator only. now i pulled baffles out of jardine exhaust but i loaded tune from tune ecu .bike runs great with program from tune ecu .but i still ocastioaly get a backfire from exhaust if i take of hard then let of throttle completely . tune ecu made a huge improve ment in my bikes performance.

That would indicate to me that the map u had in your PCV wasnt correct for your setup to begin with thats why the auto tune was not working for u.
where as in my case my map was tailermade on the dyno for my bike so it runs sweet and although im not using autotune if i added it it would just maintain the air fuel ratios in my pcv to make sure i maintained optimum performance in altering altitudes and riding conditions ect.
If that initial map is not suitable to begin with the auto tune wont fix it "from my understanding anyway" :cool:

OH ok so basically if im happy with the way my bike is running now i will be safe to just install the auto tune and it will just preserve my settings as they are or if anything tweak them a little for the better?
If so i will look at installing one .
I just a little hesitent to change anything because im so happy with the way it runs at the moment and im still trying to understand the way it functions .
I can see the benifet of autotune as long as it is going to preserve my settings and not undo all my hard earned moey spent on the dyno :cool:
Yup shouldn't alter your Dyno'd PCV tune, just followit more closly regardless of change in conditions
Mitch who now is coming to understand the PCV +AT explains below exactly your problem as the PCV tunes are very middle of the road and it would seem to me your AFR's must be to lean as that's what the Auto tune follows You should maybe think of taking your bike to a DynoTune authorised dyno to set it it up right
That would indicate to me that the map u had in your PCV wasnt correct for your setup to begin with thats why the auto tune was not working for u.
where as in my case my map was tailermade on the dyno for my bike so it runs sweet and although im not using autotune if i added it it would just maintain the air fuel ratios in my pcv to make sure i maintained optimum performance in altering altitudes and riding conditions ect.
If that initial map is not suitable to begin with the auto tune wont fix it "from my understanding anyway" :cool:

Thanks Hanso I feel a bit more reassured now so when I get some spare funds I will order myself the auto tune . Would have been able to get it now if it wasn't for my rear fender incident lol

Power cutting out? I had the same problem on my 2010 R3R. For me, the screws were not holding the battery terminals tight enough after I added my PCV. Take the screws etc from the battery terminals and go to a hardware store. The factory ones are not long enough. I had to get new screws and bolts and retighten those connections. Haven't had a problem since. Try that.

I seriously think that is all the cutting out issue is. Am going to definitely take this advice.

Cheers

now I need to get rid of the problems the galah's have put in for me.

Back