For Sale Wind Deflectors-Windshield Add-On

Just a follow up on our previous discussion. The set I purchased has became a "sample". 3 different Harley riders are saving pop cans to purchase sets. I promised my buddy with the Roadster the set I have.
Keep up the manufacturing operations!

Thanks @Chip....I'm doing my best to keep making them. It could be riding weather soon, so I'll be giving you a call for another coffee session.

Certainly a reasonable price, I'll be looking for a set in a few weeks, waiting for a check to come in.

Some time ago I made a post about some wind deflectors I fabricated that provide protection for your hands in the cold and rain. I finally have gotten around to putting together 4 complete sets of these and am offering them for sale here on the forum. I plan on making some more available in the next couple weeks if these sell and there appears to be an interest in them. The wife says I am spending too much money making them and I need to sell these before I reorder more plastic parts and clamps to make another batch. I am also going to put them on eBay in the future and perhaps try and sell a few locally, but I thought I would start here on the forum first.

Although I made them specifically for my R3T, I am reasonably certain they will work on just about any bike with a standard windshield. I am including some pictures of how the latest laser cut versions look and fit on my bike. The protective paper is still on in one of the pictures I posted and that is how they will ship. I only peeled back enough of the paper to assemble them. The stainless set screws that helps lock the rod in place, now have a brass insert to allow it to be firmly tightened down on the pivot rod.

I have ordered small shipping boxes, bought packing material, printed some instructions and am ready to ship if you are interested. You can message me if you have questions and I will give you the flat price I decided on which includes shipping to the any of lower 48 states. I have a PayPal account for payment and if you include an email address I will be more that happy to send you a .pdf file which explains a little more about them and how they install. Thanks
I would like to add my two cents. Being a spoiled full fairing type guy, the first thing I did when I got my roadster was put on a windshield ( cee bailey).obviously width does not allow hand protection. This is one of the better looking and now that I tried, working options. They look well on bike since it's a big bike anyhow. Just like to say good job and thanks!! Wouldn't have found w/o forum...so thank you guys out there.

Good morning Old Man
They look very efficient and would like to know what the price is on the wind deflectors. I'm from Montreal Can. so we would have to make arrangements to ship up here. Here is my email, cause I don't know how to communicate without it showing everywhere vinetbernardd@gmail.com

You can start a private conversation with me on the forum, but I did send you an email with the information so we work through that as well. Thanks for the interest.

Some time ago I made a post about some wind deflectors I fabricated that provide protection for your hands in the cold and rain. I finally have gotten around to putting together 4 complete sets of these and am offering them for sale here on the forum. I plan on making some more available in the next couple weeks if these sell and there appears to be an interest in them. The wife says I am spending too much money making them and I need to sell these before I reorder more plastic parts and clamps to make another batch. I am also going to put them on eBay in the future and perhaps try and sell a few locally, but I thought I would start here on the forum first.

Although I made them specifically for my R3T, I am reasonably certain they will work on just about any bike with a standard windshield. I am including some pictures of how the latest laser cut versions look and fit on my bike. The protective paper is still on in one of the pictures I posted and that is how they will ship. I only peeled back enough of the paper to assemble them. The stainless set screws that helps lock the rod in place, now have a brass insert to allow it to be firmly tightened down on the pivot rod.

I have ordered small shipping boxes, bought packing material, printed some instructions and am ready to ship if you are interested. You can message me if you have questions and I will give you the flat price I decided on which includes shipping to the any of lower 48 states. I have a PayPal account for payment and if you include an email address I will be more that happy to send you a .pdf file which explains a little more about them and how they install. Thanks
Hi,

Would you please send me an email with more information (i.e cost). Thanks! dcduncky1@gmail.com

Hi,

Would you please send me an email with more information (i.e cost). Thanks! dcduncky1@gmail.com

Did you and others with similar posts read the whole thread?

@Rocket Scientist...this one is for you. Well, I have decided to just post what I am asking for the deflectors I am making. It will make it simple on the Yeas and Nays. Are they....Pricey in your opinion...maybe, but they are not cheap to make. I tried getting the mounting rods manufactured once to save me some time in making them, but the 3 quotes came back between $60 - $80 per rod. That would have put my cost totally out of reach for each set. I priced my shipping costs a little high with expense of PayPal and supplies to save time and money running around. Local pickup $110. Here is what I have been telling everyone...

I am asking $135.00 for the set which includes the shipping. As for shipping, I just factored in one flat rate in the price to cover shipping everywhere in the USA, boxes, packing supplies and what PayPal will hit me for when they take out their cut. All that alone can be as much a $22.00 (maybe more) in the cost. I decided it is just to much of a pain to go to the post office and get rates for every destination so I covered the whole country. Out of the country (just one interested so far) I am doing the post office thing for those people. I figure by the time I have the plastic cut, buy the clamps retail, all the stainless screws and washers, aluminum, plus my time, I needed to sell them for that to pay for my time and material. I'm making nothing on the first 4 as I have spent that much designing and making them.

All of the screws are stainless steel with the exception of the nut that the clamping screw goes into. The deflectors were created by modifying an existing clamping product I found and combining it with some new parts I made or had cut for the project. Since they are hand made to some degree, they are not perfect like a mass produced product. With that said, you will find them very nicely made and very functional. Because the plastic pieces are laser cut the edges are now smooth and polished. If you message me your email I will send you a .pdf of the instructions I made up and a little more about them. I can send you a invoice through PayPal to your email if you decide you want a set. I hope this helps....Thanks for your interest...Phil

Here is one more picture of the first ones I made and installed on my first Rocket before it was totaled. The new version is very close in appearance with some improvements as mentioned above and in my original post. The fact is... they work by adding a little over 6" on each side to deflect wind around your hands.

IMG_1275.JPG

Did you and others with similar posts read the whole thread?
Thank-you for the information. Your price is fair. I'm in Canada so shipping may be similar given the exchange and your location (I am in Ottawa 1-hour from the NY border). I'll give it some thought. Thanks again.

Thank-you for the information. Your price is fair. I'm in Canada so shipping may be similar given the exchange and your location (I am in Ottawa 1-hour from the NY border). I'll give it some thought. Thanks again.

FYI, I sent you an email with some additional information and pictures. I have appreciated all of the positive feedback I have gotten so far from people who have bought them. They do work and look good at the same time. A couple of updates for anyone who reads this thread. Any shipping out of the lower 48 states will be slightly more, keep in mind there is the exchange rate to US dollars that buyers will have to deal with and I cannot sell the Higher Impact versions for the same price as they cost me more. I'm thinking $10.00 additional for those. With that said, I have never had an issue with the standard acrylic versions breaking, chipping or cracking in 3 years running.

One last note on this post....The wider part of the deflector is intended to be "Up" (as shown in my pictures) not down... and I have found that may favorite position on the windshield is to locate the top edge of the deflector about 1" above your knuckles when your hands are resting on the grips. This seems to not only deflect air over the top of your hand, but also give you good coverage for your fingertips. With this said, I will add...to each his own.

Thanks..

Back