Widow maker journey to the 200hp club

So the holiday are over and even though the widowmaker has been fighting back Claviger is winning. A head bolt was acting like a real stripper and at 125lbs was really acting a fool but rob being rob wasn’t having it and to his credit this is why I was so lucky he said he would do the job, I would have certainly screwed the stripper and it would have cost me a lot of money. But we’re on schedule and all is looking good. More to come guys. I don’t think any home mechanics are making that tool, it was indeed needed, even for the inspiring one!

90B39736-6628-4302-AB67-73FDD7F67480.jpeg
A945B8D1-DF76-4DC0-BF3F-D37DDB438890.jpeg
491463A3-0813-46A6-9AAA-FFB6FA8E4782.jpeg
I had to weld nuts to a couple of my head bolts to remove them. Appeared factory didn't lube bolts when assembled engine and bolts tried to seize in aluminum.

I had to weld nuts to a couple of my head bolts to remove them. Appeared factory didn't lube bolts when assembled engine and bolts tried to seize in aluminum.
That was a good move you made on that, but unfortunately I’m not a welder and probably wouldn’t have faired well like you obviously did. Lot of you guys are very talented indeed

@Kevin frazier
Rob is doing a great job on your engine.
He told me about the bolt and the special tool he had to buy.

I reckon it may be a tad problematic not having the whole bike and being able to start the engine with settings, adjustments, and tune.

You will have some "i"s and "t"s to dot and cross, but should come out with one heck of an engine!

We are hooking up tomorrow, so don't be too concerned if your ears begin to ring! :roll:

@Kevin frazier
Rob is doing a great job on your engine.
He told me about the bolt and the special tool he had to buy.

I reckon it may be a tad problematic not having the whole bike and being able to start the engine with settings, adjustments, and tune.

You will have some "i"s and "t"s to dot and cross, but should come out with one heck of an engine!

We are hooking up tomorrow, so don't be too concerned if your ears begin to ring! :roll:
I told rob and I meant it I have all the trust in the world in him and I know whatever he does it’s going to be right, I have a very experienced tuner who will use only tune ecu to dial it in on f and l tables no o2 sensor and no pcv will be needed, and I’m sure rob and Neville will know if my tuner has did his part correctly or not by looking at the dyno. With Rob and Neville I feel very confident it will be correct when all is said and done. I’m am so stoked and appreciative that rob would do this for me.

I started this journey thinking I wanted to be around 200hp but contacting ozrider for his monster headers and Neville lush for his parts and having rob (Claviger) who I consider a very talented builder and to top of this build I have contacted the Viking paul bryant and is building a master piece muffler a one of a kind custom piece I do believe keeping the widowmaker at 200hp ain’t happening. I feel like I have had the opportunity of a lifetime having who I consider the best builders in the world come together on my project is just mind blowing to me. And I truly am lucky and appreciative to them.

I started this journey thinking I wanted to be around 200hp but contacting ozrider for his monster headers and Neville lush for his parts and having rob (Claviger) who I consider a very talented builder and to top of this build I have contacted the Viking paul bryant and is building a master piece muffler a one of a kind custom piece I do believe keeping the widowmaker at 200hp ain’t happening. I feel like I have had the opportunity of a lifetime having who I consider the best builders in the world come together on my project is just mind blowing to me. And I truly am lucky and appreciative to them.

I reckon the OZ header would make more HP on a built engine.
I'll be going with a 2", either the OZ or Brute, if I can find a used one.

I have received permission and have ordered a billet engine badge to show off how proud I am of the engine I will be sporting, who built it and who designed it. CLAVIGER/LUSH polished aluminum with satin black infill and a terra shield ceramic coating. This dream is getting closer by the day!

Back