Who rides your bike?

Hero Blob

Supercharged
Other than you?

I know some people who will never let anyone ride their bike and would never ask to ride yours. I have other friends who would let pretty much anyone ride their bike without a second thought.

Me? If I trust you enough to ride with you...I trust you on my bike. I pretty much let anyone ride my bikes. I worry more about someone hurting themselves than my bike getting dumped.

gratuitious snow ride shot:

Hero - I too would never asked to ride another's bike. I've had many persons offer to allow me to ride theirs. I always have declined. Out of respect or fear for abusing another's ride and they having an impression, I won't. Should you have the cash on hand I'll let you ride mine; otherwise, I'm not that liberal. I'd really like to ride busajack's Spike but I'd never ask nor accept an offer; maybe, cause my nuts aren't so special.

Anal

I don't let peopl ride my bike's, 4 wheelers any more after I got burned last year. I let a guy's girl friend (no comment Raymond) drive my 4-wheeler last summer and she fliped it. I had to replace the handle bars and hole front end. All she said was oop's I'm sorry and got back on with her boyfriend. All he had to say was now you know why I don't let her drive mine and drove off. I guess my thinking is if some wrecks my stuff I'm out 3 ways, I don't get to ride and I have to pay and it wasn't my falt.
As far as riding others stuff, it would depent on who and what it was. If i'm unformiliar with it or can't replace it I won't ride it.

I've only let real close friends who I've ridden with a long time ride my bikes. Only two other people have ridden my Rocket. I had been after one of my friends to take a ride on the Rocket for the whole year I've had it. He currently rides a '98 Thunderbird. He has been so intimidated, and also afraid he would REALLY want one that he went the whole year declining a chance to ride it. He did finally ride it a few weeks ago.. and he's no longer intimidated.. but now he's trying to figure how he might get up the money!.. lol

Nice Finger shot :D.....

I had a guy who wanted to ride my old Speed triple so I let him. He goes to start it and holds the throttle open and when the engine fires it goes from zero RPM's to bouncing off the rev limiter in about half a second. I had no idea the moron was going to do that. I never let him back on any of my bikes again.

My wife wanted to learn how to ride so I put her on an old CB 650 Honda I had and turned her loose in a parking lot after I showed her how to use the brakes and clutch ect ect. She rides around the lot a few times and pulls up next to me with a big grin on her face and stops. She forgets to put her feet down and falls over. :roll:

We had a Boss Hoss for sale at our dealership and a guy wanted to test ride it. I wanted to make sure he knew what he was doing cause that's not a beginner's bike. I checked his driver's license and he told me he had been riding bikes since he was 8 yada yada yada so I told him at first just to take it around the lot a few times and check back with me before he goes back out on the street. He rides to the back of the lot and comes back up front and he is as white as a ghost. He stops and yells at me to hold the bike. I go over and grab it and he is shaking so bad he can hardly stand up much les hold that turd up. Needless to say he didn't buy it.

We sold a Harley to a guy and after he put his money down and signed the papers he promptly got on the bike and rode it into the side of the building. Bent the forks and bars, dented up both tanks. Dislocated his shoulder and blew out a knee. The salesman that sold it to him comes to find out that this was the first time the guy had ever ridden a bike.

After that we used to keep a little 175 Honda 2 Cylinder street bike there and made people ride it just to check them out. Almost everyone that rode it wanted to buy it....

SO

Did the guy ever come back for the HD after he healed???
I liked the one about the wife, that is something I could see my my girlfriend doing. Come ridding back with a big grin and a sense of accomplishment and be so excited she forgets to put her feet down, I can see it now.

Hey PF do you know of ant good class’s down my way. I am going to send my girlfriend to motorcycle school. The rocket is no bike to even consider teaching her on and all I’d show her how to do is hold the throttle wide open and go. When she is ready I'm thinking about putting her on an American. (Blue)

I got a friend with a Stage 4 Yammy Warrior with some Patrick Racing parts in it. He lets me ride his bike sometimes. I've offered him the Rocket keys a few times, but he has not taken me up on it. I tell him he's just afraid to ride my Rock because he'll fall in love with a real bike and get rid of that pooch he calls a motorcycle. :roll:

I won't let anybody except very close friends ride the bike.

Good Question Hero Bob.

If I trust them, either personally or thru someone I trust, then no problem. The Rockets power band and weight require cooler heads and confident drivers. So far, no one has asked or ridden my Rocket.

One of my reasons the Rocket is not produced in large numbers is the "fear factor". It is simple too much machine for some people. I've talked to enough bikers to realize it's not a myth. Muscling around an 800 lb bike is intimidating enough, let alone a bike capable of 0 to 60 mph in 3 seconds .

WE RIDE A REAL LEGEND, NOT SOME LEATHERED UP STREET ORNAMENT!:cool:

I let a coworker ride my rocket III, He was so determined to see how fast it would accelerate. He was trying to get a fast 0-60 time he kept it in first gear and ran it up way past redline. needless to say I have had engine vibration ever since. this was back when it only had about 4300 miles on it. Now i've got 9700 miles. but will never let someone else ride it.

Probably not...

RADEMIS, sorry to hear about your experience with your co-worker "testing out" your Rocket. It's a shame that some people have no concept of what these motorcycles cost and the "responsibility" that needs to be exercised with someone else's possession.
Shortly, in probably about 10 days I will be the proud owner of both a 2006 Honda Gold Wing and a brand new 2007 Rocket III Classic. Both of these bikes together represent about $42,000 of my hard earned (or future earned) money to be able to have them.

If it was someone I knew and I knew that they had/have ridden motorcycles close to this combination of weight and / or power capability I might think about it. But I think the days of letting my brothers or brother in laws just jump on my 1100 Yamaha Virago for a little spin are more than likely over.

As has been mentioned both the Rocket and my current Gold Wing are not light weight bikes, both are extremely fast for their size (trust me the Gold Wing is no slouch in the speed department) and both cost mucho dinero....(am I repeating myself...sorry) I respect what these two bikes are capable of doing, not sure if others would comprehend it.

Dennis
Soon to be 7 dtg!

Back