Guys who knows way more than me would say use Mobil oil fully synthetic.

I would say just get louder pipes.

Nice answer phar2slo :roll::roll::laugh: with some truth behind it, everything with the Rocket is large and therefore not always quite.
There is a new thread going talking about Oil that makes interesting reading and discusses the merits of Synthetic oils, however this could still only hide the issue.

As stated by Tal and others it would help if we could locate where and when you get the whine, acceleration/deceleration, low revs/high revs, high load up hill/low load down hill, all gears or a specific gear, you get the picture:) Also how loud is the whine, has it just started?

I am a new owner and therefore not the best person to answer your question but I do have an inquiring mind, sorry:eek:

Just had a thought while enjoying my morning coffee.

Is your clutch free play correct? Not enough and you might be hearing the lifter piece bearing in the pressure plate spinning.

I had the same noisy problem with my touring and went to 20-50 oil and it did change the sound and also helped with the shifting. Seems smother.
Any good 20 -50 will do the job I believe.

Hi guys I'm a new owner of a 2008 Rocket love the bike but it has a whine coming from the clutch area. I know that the clutch basket is gear driven off the crank shaft, so would this be the cause? and if so would switching to maybe 20/50 oil help? I don't know what grade is in there now, but it was changed before I bought it...it has 7500 miles on it

Not too helpful but just went for a spin and listened and can’t say I hear that on mine?

You can in Oklahoma. All that is required is that your Rich by daddy's money, Your a Conservative, a Good Christian, and lie like #ell about your military background. GOOD GRIEF. :(:(:(:(:(:(

Back