Whats that all about?

DaddyRabbit

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 Triumph Rocket III Classic
Ran the 12 minute tune this morning! Cut the bike off.... everything fine! Then an hour later saw maybe a half to 3/4 pint of coolant had run out of the overflow! Cranked up... everything looked good. Wife and I rode about a hundred miles... no more overflow leaks and no gauge indicating any probs! Its never done this before! Why did it do this?

Thanks, Scot! I haven't got my **** dog house trained yet....... much less the beast! :(

Where was the coolant level after the purge? If it wasn't a bit low, it might have been overfull to start. Wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up a new radiator cap. One of the first indications of a bad one is spitting out coolant.

Went through a short spell with that myself a couple years ago. This bike just likes a little less coolant and a tight cap ;) seriously if you flush it and put the book amount in, you'll have too much and she'll spit it out til she's comfy.

Hi Cardinal, this happened to me also, just settled down but I was paranoid about cooking the motor all the time.

Back