What should I do?

triroketman

Supercharged
Hi Captains,
I just came in from a great ride this afternoon. Weather clear about 65 in Southeastern Illinois. I had forgot how much fun it is to ride that monster. Enough of that. I bought myself a laptop computer for Christmas and I was wondering if it is worth my while to invest in a Tuneboy. My Classic 06 is stock without any modifications so all I can do with it right now is correct the speedometer, open the secondaries (I don't know what that is but I want it), set it for 100% in all gears and I am not sure what else. Is it worth the money? Or should I invest in some Progressive 440's first. Or maybe a new S&W 460. If you have any suggestions, let me know.
Dave
06 Classic R&W

The number one reason I wanted Tuneboy was to remap the fueling for aftermarket pipes and intake. If you don't plan on making such changes and/or the increase in power isn't worth the 300 or more bucks for Tuneboy then go with the shocks. They are well worth it too. Or just do both and get it out of the way early and enjoy them both longer, because eventually you will buy both.:D

If a few of us were willing on "flipping the bill" for a Tuneboy, could several of us take advantage of it? I mean, for 1 person to possess a high dollar item which will sit on the shelf after it's initial use, that would be quite costly. I'd be willing to kick in if we thought it would work across several units. I'm not certain if the unit would recognize "one" specific Rocket & then work for only that unit. I'm sure other captains could elaborate on that thought. Heck, I'd be willing to flip the bill for those shocks too. I'll even let you decide which one "you" wanted, the left or the right.

See ya.

You can't kid a kidder Rusty.... Wayne at Tuneboy is way ahead of you. He has set it up so each bike needs a "key" (a digital code based on your bike's VIN), so without the proper key the Tuneboy will only work on the original bike that it was purchased for. Of course, each additional key cost money, however you can share the cable, which will save a few bucks. Ask the Pigman about this.. he set his and mine up this way and has more of the gruesome details...

(I don't know what that is but I want it)

With this attitude, you do want it. You want more power. Even with the stock exhaust, Tuneboy will give you significantly more torque in the lower gears. Before you get the 440's, make sure you're routine total load will be at least 200 lbs. Otherwise, get the 418's.

Or maybe a new S&W 460.
What's that, a root beer dispenser for the motorcycle? Sounds great. Get that too.

You can't kid a kidder Rusty.... Wayne at Tuneboy is way ahead of you. He has set it up so each bike needs a "key" (a digital code based on your bike's VIN), so without the proper key the Tuneboy will only work on the original bike that it was purchased for. Of course, each additional key cost money, however you can share the cable, which will save a few bucks. Ask the Pigman about this.. he set his and mine up this way and has more of the gruesome details...

Wayne @ Tuneboy is hackable but is it worth anyones time to do so. Probably not.

Back