What gas octane do you use on the R3?

On my Daytona / Key West trip I ran probably 2 out of 3 tanks on regular and noticed no decrease in performance on the Rocket.
Dennis

Oh Yea forgot to share this

As well as using regular...bypass, tors, factory tune.........got 36 and 38 a gas tank....about 50% highway..and heavy on the get go.........think i should be happy with 36 and 38????:confused:

That's about what I get with about the same set up. I have a Power Commander instead of the factory TOR tune, although, since we now have a dealer close enough, I may remove the Power Commander and have them install the Triumph TOR tune

As well as using regular...bypass, tors, factory tune.........got 36 and 38 a gas tank....about 50% highway..and heavy on the get go.........think i should be happy with 36 and 38????:confused:

Gas mpg

I was not aware that 39 mpg was the advertized rate.......so guess I am doing well and now thats with regular gas......this is good! Love thist R3 that was 36 after about a 4.5 gal fill and another tank full with about a 4 gal fill.at 38mpg.....oh yes and about three miles riding two up in loose sand...god how I hate that stuff!!!! but all is safe and learned a few things...

By the way found that in loose sand that varies 1 to 2 inchs.found that instead of driving straight that by moving the sterring back and forth to the R and then to the left moderatly this all at about 4 to 5 mph did better for stability than a straight drive....THIS IS ONLY ME AND I DO NOT RECCOMEND THIS TO ANYONE!.....Be carefull! good to hear your experiences:)?

FB

I have always run shell, mobil or BP preimium but the difference in price this year I may have to resort ot regular. higher octane makes a great difference in the decell popping with stock stock exhaust and tune and cat box removed.

Here in the UK I use Super Unleaded which is 98 RON. This is what Richard recommended and far be it from me to deviate unless absolutely necessary.

I'm getting about 24 MPG (UK) out of it.

Worth every penny. To paraphrase Mr. Churchill "A woman is just a woman, but a good bike is an adrenalin rush".

I got 30 to 32 MPG out of my last one.

Back