What drives this desire to ride.....

I'm sure I can't add anything that you guys have not yet said other than I am no longer allowed to hang out the helicopter door with a machinegun, so I need the bike to feel that void.

Conversely, I have many conversations with those who are not riders and never will be. They say-It is too dangerous to ride here, Its is too uncomfortable to ride in the heat, It is to uncomfortable to ride in the cold, It is too loud to ride, I can't wear a helmet, it hurts too much so I can't ride. Motorcycles are too complicated to ride. Motorcycles cost too much to ride once a month. I don't like having to 'get dressed up' before I go riding, it's too much of a hassle. Motorcycles are too hard to keep clean... It goes on and on it seems. For me though, not one of those ideas are a bother to me. I love to ride, period.
you need to do this mod... thank you for your service!

8c586c3e9e2b2800a03ddafac294e177.jpg

Its interesting isn't it what forces inside us make us want to gear up and climb on a bike and ride.....its very hard to even explain to a person who dosnt ride what emotions we have when riding. Me personally i find peace in my soul (if thats not too soppy)...there is a calmness that i get amid the awareness when i ride....I feel at one with the bike...its like being an extension of the bike...smooth gear changes,,,power rushes...braking forces...fresh air...warmth...cold....smells...and doing all this with guys and girls who 'Get it'...like i do...and then we get to gather in our leathers...drinks in hand ..food...and laugh and talk the same language of bikes...its a love affair for me...ide be very lost without it.
It's all about "Road Therapy..." and the adrenaline rush and freedom feeling. Fortunately, my bride of 37 years not only fully supports but is very encouraging...
-MIG

My gets mad when we don’t ride. I’m not sure of her reason to like it so much and mine are hard to put into words but here are a few.

I love acceleration especially coming up out of a well leaned corner. I like being outdoors and on a bike you can travel and really feel and smell the outdoors. A couple of years ago riding in Montana along a river I actually smelled a bull elk in rut. Never would happen in the car. I occasionally enjoy the smell of a mashed skunk on the road.😂

The sound of a powerful motor has always pleased me ergo no EV for me.

Leaning hard over in a turn and executing the perfect line is very satisfying.

I enjoy the hands , feet, eyes and brain coordination that is needed to control a powerful machine. It’s like directing a symphony.

Thats what I can find words for.

My gets mad when we don’t ride. I’m not sure of her reason to like it so much and mine are hard to put into words but here are a few.

I love acceleration especially coming up out of a well leaned corner. I like being outdoors and on a bike you can travel and really feel and smell the outdoors. A couple of years ago riding in Montana along a river I actually smelled a bull elk in rut. Never would happen in the car. I occasionally enjoy the smell of a mashed skunk on the road.😂

The sound of a powerful motor has always pleased me ergo no EV for me.

Leaning hard over in a turn and executing the perfect line is very satisfying.

I enjoy the hands , feet, eyes and brain coordination that is needed to control a powerful machine. It’s like directing a symphony.

Thats what I can find words for.
Symphony indeed... It's like "Focused Relaxation..." :cool:
-MIG

Back