Went down with the bike yesterday....

Glad your ok bro , maybe a hospital check up would be a good idea ? Be a shame to miss a possible insurance claim coz you didn't !
Every penny helps , especially if you were the innocent victim of someone else's stupidness !

Glad to hear that you got away with the drama safely, also good to hear you are sensible with safety gear and it payed off. Lets hope this is the worst thing that will ever happen.

Hello Thorin and I am grateful to see your words written here. My get off in 2009 west of Sedalia took me several days before I could write coherently. Luckily, like you, I was AGATT. I wish you and the bike the best in recovery!

Glad you are doing well. I totaled an 05 back in 2014 and woke up in a hospital bed. Was off for 7 weeks but found an 09. Still have a good bit of the 05 left. If you get a chance to buy back the wreck at a good price I suggest you do and part it out. I made out really well and have a spare set of wheels to make tire changes a lot quicker. I'm still toying with the idea of building a Bobber out of the 05 so keep me in mind if you buy back.

I like your comment thorin "ALL THE GEAR, ALL THE TIME" great advise for everyone.

I totaled my first Rocket in a very similar fashion. Same setup with the body protection. Saved me as well.

Recover quickly!

ATGATT never fails to work, glad you are okay as said bikes can be replaced in fact for $4500 you can have a brand new second hand 67000 mile 2005 std:D now what happened I know you said the guy braked hard which does cause the old pucker reaction, were you riding to close or any thing distracting you, was swerving out of the question? just trying to help this from happening to anyone else.
Great choice on the full face helmet makes me shiver when I see people ride without one.

Back