cootertwo

Living Legend
Ride
2013, & 2 05's R3R, 2006, 2004 Harley's, 2004 Kaw
Wow! I've been hit many times by bumble bees, wasps, and other assorted bugs, in the chest, arms, neck, but this last one has me worried. I was wearing a regular dress shirt, and got hit in the chest while cruising around 60/70 mph. Felt the hit, and a few micro seconds later, the sting. Swatted at the area, and continued on my way. This was last Monday 10/29. By the time I got home, the area had swollen, and had a large 6" to 8" red spot, and I almost had a woman's titty on that side! Kept me up all night, itching and hurting. I actually felt around the area thinking maybe I had been hit by a stray piece of bird shot from a shot gun! I got the shirt out and held it up to a light, just to see if there was a hole where I got hit, none. There is a black hole/dot where the thing bit me. Today is Friday, and the redness and swelling has gone down, but is still sore. I'm not allergic or anything like that, and like I said, have been stung many times in the past, but this one was a real bad ass. I wish I knew what it was, and am considering buying some kind of vest to wear from now on. Anyone have any such experience or any idea what it was that hit me. I'm in SW Florida, so usually don't wear a jacket or vest.:(

Cooter, had a similar experience many moons ago. While riding my super powerful Suzuki GT185 (which was also in a lovely blue) I hit a Bumble bee too. This was at about 40mph, nothing too fast so no problem. This bee was only mildly stunned and dropped into my crutch. This fiendishly nasty manoeuvre was unknown until the most horrifying sensation of pain spread around ones delicate bits. If you ever needed to measure your pain threshold, especially as a youngster (I was only 17 at the time) this is one test you could perform! The bee had stung me in the left testicle and this is where I discovered my pain threshold was not very high! Took 3 days before I could walk properly rather than displaying a gait that looked like I'd lost my horse. Sympathy with you, it does bloody hurt!

I've caught a bee in the webbing between the fingers and has a yellowjacket get into my helmet and sting me on the eyelid before, but my mom has the family horror honors when she was riding with an open face helmet and had to get a thread-waisted wasp surgically removed from her tear duct.

We're a full-gear family now.

They are the spawn of the devil, I tell ya. The spawn of the devil.

Yeah, I have a genuine, full blown phobia of those little *****es. You don't want to be near me when I get buzzed by one. It will be painful.

Had a bumble bee go down inside my shirt and stung me or bit me not sure which...felt like an electric shock going thru my ribs!!..left a welt about an inch across, bright red centre and came up about 1/4 inch high...hurt like hell!

Back