Statistically, things happen with some frequency riding a motorcycle.

If this has only happened this time in a long while, is enough to change your behavior ?

When I was new in the Air Force, riding on my new 1984 Honda CB-125S, tootling along one day at its top speed of ~55 mph, I ran into a big airborne something that impacted just below the Adam's Apple. No sting, but the soreness in my throat lasted several days. Not long before that, I was riding through rain. And not long before that, I went over the handlebars after impacting a trailer of a lawn care service truck that turned left in front of me and stopped. Between all those, I geared up, and have done so ever since.

There are no suggestions here - I am likely the least experienced rider on this forum.

Just sayin' Neosporin is good for stings.

A few years ago I was remodeling an old garage into a room for a customer and came across these huge wasps. I don't think it was an African Hornet but it was the exact same size as the one in the video. That could have been the culprit more likely it was a killer bee...??

Last edited:
I was riding when I was younger. Probably no windshield or helmet. I was moving a pretty good speed when I was impacted by a whole swarm of honey bees. Fortunately, not one sting but my clothes and me were a sticky mess. I got stung twice a couple summers ago while mowing the yard. The bees in the ground are painful. I was also camping and grabbed a piece of wood out of the pile to throw on the fire. I don't know what got me but it hurt plenty. I drove 10 miles to get some benadryl as my hand was swelling up pretty good. Never underestimate the power of a vicious little bug or the value of a good face shield.

We had been out on the West Coast some years ago when I got stung just to the right of center at the top of my nose right between my eyes, Bar stuard I thought, pulled over, scrapped the sting off then kept going.
Slowly my right eye started to close up so pulled over and had a break for a bit.
Then my left eye started to close up and thought sh!t I'd better get home.
By the time I got home I could hardly see at all and my whole face had swollen up :(
Took about three days to settle down.

IMG_20131227_190643.jpg

Back