chris haentjens

Supercharged
Ride
2020 rocket3R
Hello all!

So I'm posting up to see if anyone has any ideas or experience with my problem. I installed aftermarket led turn signals while moving my plate. The turn signals at first switch will run normal for 3 or 4 cycles. Then it will just shut off the rear signal lights and pop up an error.
I'm including some video to show what's going on.
Thanks!!

P.s. in hazard mode they shut off and work randomly.

My guess is that the canbus is shutting off the circuit and resetting after a set time. There’s no definable rhyme or reason known so far, but some aftermarket indicators work just fine, some need resistors to work, and others don’t work at all (or the right resistor hasn’t been used). I suppose if we knew the load of the stock indicators or the load tolerance of the canbus, we could figure it out, but I haven’t come across either of those values.

Last edited:
My guess is that the canbus is shutting off the circuit and resetting after a set time. There’s no definable rhyme or reason known so far, but some aftermarket indicators work just fine, some need resistors to work, and others don’t work at all (or the right resistor hasn’t been used). I suppose if we knew the load of the stock indicators or the load tolerance of the canbus, we could figure it out, but I haven’t come across either of those values.
The factory lights contain a circuit so I can't measure resistance.... 20210215_110833.jpg

I would look at the lights/LEDs. In general w/ LED bulbs/lights, there are "CANBUS" and "non CANBUS" compatible varieties out there. See if the lights mention anything like this in the description or try and check w/ the manufacturer.

I got it to work with the factory circuit inline with one. I think I damaged the other one pulling it apart. I would prefer to not buy another light assy just to tear apart. I'm going to try other lights first.

An update for all wondering,

I received a new set of turn signals without sequential blinking and all is good!! So the whole issue was the circuitry in the aftermarket signals.
Thanks for the update.

Similarly, Triumph's own sequential signals don't work on the Rocket. Rizoma makes some sequential signals that will work with one of the supplied resistors.

Hello all!

So I'm posting up to see if anyone has any ideas or experience with my problem. I installed aftermarket led turn signals while moving my plate. The turn signals at first switch will run normal for 3 or 4 cycles. Then it will just shut off the rear signal lights and pop up an error.
I'm including some video to show what's going on.
Thanks!!

P.s. in hazard mode they shut off and work randomly.

If the resistance isn't within canbus tolerances (whatever that may be???) this will happen. The only thing you can do is experiment with resistors of different values and hope for the best.

Back