TuneECU and power commander

Msmitch459

msmitch459
Ride
2015 Roadster
So, I just purchased a new (to me) 2015 rocket iii roadster. It has 3, K&N filters under the bear claw and carpenter, street rod exhaust with a PCV but no auto tune and he never had it dyno tuned. I'm assuming they just downloaded a map.
My question is... if I change the ECU map with TuneECU. Will it do anything? Doesn't the PCV overwrite everything anyway?

Steve

Attachments

• 20200804_180417.jpg
    20200804_180417.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 14
So, I just purchased a new (to me) 2015 rocket iii roadster. It has 3, K&N filters under the bear claw and carpenter, street rod exhaust with a PCV but no auto tune and he never had it dyno tuned. I'm assuming they just downloaded a map.
My question is... if I change the ECU map with TuneECU. Will it do anything? Doesn't the PCV overwrite everything anyway?

Steve
Hey Steve, I am sure more knowledgeable people will follow, h/e I am watching because I have been thinking about doing the same thing. I have a check engine light and having a hard time finding reliable mechs that have an obd2. I have heard the Bluetooth doesn't w/ rockets, just sayin.

Hey Steve, I am sure more knowledgeable people will follow, h/e I am watching because I have been thinking about doing the same thing. I have a check engine light and having a hard time finding reliable mechs that have an obd2. I have heard the Bluetooth doesn't w/ rockets, just sayin.
I have a Bluetooth obd2 and the cable. I know when I'm reprogramming I need to use the cable but if I'm just monitoring I can use the Bluetooth... like when I'm riding. Do you have TuneECU? Is it linked to a Bluetooth obd2?

I have a Bluetooth obd2 and the cable. I know when I'm reprogramming I need to use the cable but if I'm just monitoring I can use the Bluetooth... like when I'm riding. Do you have TuneECU? Is it linked to a Bluetooth obd2?
Not aa of yet. I am trying to find out it is something I can figure out, and will do all I want it to, ok any of what I want. That's why I am going to be watching this thread

Steve
The PCV on the Rocket (gen 1) only can trim fueling. Using Tuneecu you can tune timing and fueling, among other useful stuff. The PCV makes it easier to find a tuner since it’s a Dynojet product and you can live tune.

Your second question, yes the PCV is a piggyback system, meaning it takes data, and alters the output.

Are you sure timing can be adjusted with Tune Ecu? I have it and I am not aware of timing changes with it. I know Tune Boy has that feature. If you know how to adjust timing with Tune Ecu I sure would like to know how for myself.

Are you sure timing can be adjusted with Tune Ecu? I have it and I am not aware of timing changes with it. I know Tune Boy has that feature. If you know how to adjust timing with Tune Ecu I sure would like to know how for myself.
I am sure. Best I can offer (I’m not gonna type how) is pm me, call this weekend and I can open tuneecu and walk you thru it.

Of course, disclaimer: tuning should be done on a proper dyno, or at a minimum a good data logging system.

I am sure. Best I can offer (I’m not gonna type how) is pm me, call this weekend and I can open tuneecu and walk you thru it.

Of course, disclaimer: tuning should be done on a proper dyno, or at a minimum a good data logging system.
Wow that is awesome! Are you in the US? Have you played around with timing adjustments, if so why? I'm thinking of taking some timing out or adding some around 2000 rpm to help with decel pop. Not sure if that will help, because I don't know what the timing is. I'm guessing with 8.5: 1 compression, I could advance the timing a little more to burn more fuel allowing less to explode in the exhaust, if in fact timing is a bit low.

Back