Triumph fog/driving light bulb replacement

TriumphR3Newb

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic
I think I know the answer to this but I gotta ask anyway. I am changing the bulbs in my Triumph fog lights, you know the H3 bulbs with the little pigtail. I took the back off the the light (see my other post where I screwed that up) and pulled out the bulb. Now I want to confirm that I have to cut the wire and splice the wire from the new bulb into the existing wire (ok, did that make any sense what I just wrote?). Please tell me there is a very cool and "Triumph" way to do this that does not include cutting and splicing. If this is true and I am splicing wires, who in the bright mind thought this was a good idea?

I will hold off before doing anything for a day. Yes, the new bulbs have a lead attached, but the wires from the bulb on the bike run from the bulb all the way to the switch (I am guessing), no connection points are visible. Any suggestions on the LED lights?

I am not sure what you are seeing but a few years ago when I had to replace one of the H3 bulbs there was no cutting and splicing. If you can hold off a few hours (12 or so) when I get home tonight I will look at mine and try to see what you need to do.

bob
Remember, the Classic is a different setup from the R3T.

Back