I get what you're saying. Some buy a Motorcycle to cruise, some don't care and just want to be noticed, some for speed, some for touring, some for adventure, some for sport/touring/adventure/ cruising/noticed. There is never a single bike that checks all the boxes for everyone fast, slow or in between. That is unless you're rich and can buy all of them. So many bikes, so little money. 😞

Are the new bikes speed limited? I heard they were electronically limited to 135 mph. I saw 139 on the digital speedometer the other day and wondered if was really limited? I also would like to know if the TFC, which I have, is any different from the other two models.

Has anybody run theirs flat out to discover indicated top speed?
215 km/h numbers from my navigator. The speedometr shows 7 km higher numbers than my navi. I don't know is 215 km/h max speed what you can get.

215 km/h numbers from my navigator. The speedometr shows 7 km higher numbers than my navi. I don't know is 215 km/h max speed what you can get.
My bike tops out at 147 mph indicated on the speedometer. I’m NOT sure of its accuracy. I missed a very important word sorry.

Last edited:
My bike tops out at 147 mph indicated on the speedometer. I’m sure of its accuracy.
Speed corrected the ecu? I've never heard of a stock car or bike that didn't read faster than you were going. Pretty sure it's a liability issue, and I've also read somewhere that in Europe, manufacturers get fined if it reads slow, but not if it reads fast, hence the deliberate introduction of a margin for error in their favor.

Speed corrected the ecu? I've never heard of a stock car or bike that didn't read faster than you were going. Pretty sure it's a liability issue, and I've also read somewhere that in Europe, manufacturers get fined if it reads slow, but not if it reads fast, hence the deliberate introduction of a margin for error in their favor.
It's like radar as all speeds favor the driver due to the offset angle. Remember, if you speed do it in the fast lane so you get a few mph off on the radar gun ticket. The only true reading would be the cop standing directly in your lane head on at 0 degree angle. If that be the case slow quickly and just nudge him out of the way as he shouldn't be standing in the middle of the freeway.;)

That's a new one on me. I would think in this day and age they have the technology to correct for that. I'm pretty sure they can read 90 degrees to direction of travel?

Yes I agree I edited my post to reflect that uncertainty.

Back