rickb

.020 Over
Anyone out there with a classic that has the Tor exhaust and cat upgrade with the tune boy know what their top speed is?

Lets see, I have an '06 Classic bagger with stock pipes and a filled cat box and I can put the needle at the end of the speedo. Pig say's I don't have the stock tune but I have no idea which one of the tunes I do have and it's not something I worry about. One time was enough. I don't have a death wish.;)

Flip - my developing familiarity with TuneBoy would lead me to agree with Pig9r on the current tune applied. Either that or the speedo is lying big time. Stock tune is 193 kph. The latest xxxx50, that I toyed with has 255. What does that convert to???

That would be 158 MPH, according to my estimates not the 120 for stock tune. I've toyed with it for when: in the event that escape and evasion were in my future.

Last edited:
Your estimates on the conversions to mph are correct. So Flip, have you changed the tune on your bike?

With a corrected speedo I have hit 140 mph and that was about it.

Just one time, last summer. I screwed it down tight on 23 southbound for around 5-7 miles. The little needle was right at the last mark on the speedometer. No, nothing is corrected, everything is stock and I don't know which tune is installed or whether it's even the one that's supposed to be in there. My dealer went tits up early last winter (North Coast in Toledo, Ohio) but I will tell you that the owner of North Coast told me when I picked it up (new) that I'd be extremely happy with the performance and he was a hot rod guy at heart so I'm presuming that it was fiddled with. I've never had any idle problems. stalling problems and there is very little deceleration popping. I'm not into fiddling with the injection system or changing the tune. It runs extremely well and gets over 40 mpg. I'm apprehensive about taking it to a dealer for anything and I probably won't. I have a good mechanical aptitude and a shop manual. Electronically, I'm a little challenged though.

R:

I always liked Steven Segal but I was a little taken back by his advances on his babysitter. The old actors were better. They didn't have to break people in two to get a point across. Clint Eastwood started that craze with the Dirty Harry movies. Like one handing a .44 magnum works without punching yourself in the kisser from the recoil. My .41 Blackhawk single six will sucker punch ya if it isn't fired with a locked two hand position.

Come on, make my day........:D

Back