Thunderbrid Recall!

I had not. Thanks Kmutt. EVERYONE OF US NEED TO CALL THE NHTSB NUMBER AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE ROCKET UNTIL THEY INVESTIGATE. SPECIFICALLY ISSUES DEALING WITH CATASTOPHIC ENGINE FAILURE POTENTIAL :D LIKE CAM CHAIN TENSIONING DEVICE FAILURES. TRANSMISSION FAILURES. JUST WHAT IF WE WERE RIDING ALONG AND THE CAM CHAIN LOCKED UP AND WE LOSE CONTROL AND RUN THROUGH A HERD OF SCHOOL CHILDREN ?

what a joke...Triumph has been screwing a few of us already. They acknowlegde the $2 fix but ignore engine and transmission failure issues.

Agree with reporting to NHTSB....only way to get these people's attention.

Obviously I am going to get the Thunderbird taken care of when I return off of the first part of my vacation but I think you guys are being a little hard on Triumph.

Yeah there were issues with the Rocket but some of us didn't have any problems at all except for the ignition switch and a personal favorite of mine the wimpiness of that horn.

But "most of the time" Triumph did step up to the plate for those other issues...something a lot of other manufactureres may not have done especially with a number of Rockets affected being out of warranty.

Dennis

Back