mark1400

.040 Over
Ride
2016 R3R
I was at Staffordshire triumph in the UK having a tyre fitted and was told they would check my alarm as there is a recall and the alarms can suddenly immobilise the bike for no reason plus a few other problems.

Apparently owners of the affected Alarms cannot be contacted as for some reason all ownership records are lost.

The alarm on my R3R 2016 is one of the affected batch so I'm getting a new alarm free of charge and fitted. Looks like it dates back all the way to 2013.

Details can be found here
www.datatool.co.uk/safetyrecalls4/

I think i saw a post about this before but some people like me may have been too lazy to check there alarm so wont hurt to post details again.

Cheers

Last edited:
I just has mine removed at the Triumph dealership in Seattle.. It worked great and I never and a fault but it just wasn't for me.

Which reminds me. I need to put it up for sale at a stupidly low price if anyone would want it. It worked as advertised.

I was at Staffordshire triumph in the UK having a tyre fitted and was told they would check my alarm as there is a recall and the alarms can suddenly immobilise the bike for no reason plus a few other problems.

Apparently owners of the affected Alarms cannot be contacted as for some reason all ownership records are lost.

The alarm on my R3R 2016 is one of the affected batch so I'm getting a new alarm free of charge and fitted. Looks like it dates back all the way to 2013.

Details can be found here
www.datatool.co.uk/safetyrecalls4/

I think i saw a post about this before but some people like me may have been too lazy to check there alarm so wont hurt to post details again.

Cheers

I got a factory alarm, fitted it myself (painful). Not to mention it auto rearming even during the short time it takes to gas up. The alarm package made working on the bike difficult the final straw was it immobilizing in a hardware store carpark for no reason.

I removed it and even after it was pulled out it wouldn't shut up (backup battery is superb).

Wrapped it in a big old rag and threw it into the woodshed, its still there.

I'd kept the plug for it and not sent it in as per the instruction.

I just thought/wanted an alarm thats on when i want it to be and off when i want it to be.

Back