There goes the neighborhood...

TXtriple

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
Howdy Y'all from Central Texas!

Been lurking and learning for a while now and am reasonably sure my sarcasm will tolerated here.

A little about me. Born in Germany but raised in the Texas Hill Country (Army brat). I left a few times for various reasons but kept coming back. Happily married with three kids--two with their own families and one in 5th grade. (Oops! :D) The wife and I are both about two years away from civil service retirement.

My first bike was an '02 Daytona 955i that I bought from a storage unit with the intention of flipping for a nice profit. My three brothers all rode motorcycles but I never understood the whole "bugs in the teeth" thing. Anyways...new tires, oil change, fresh fuel etc. Then I figured "Better make sure it all works, right?" Rode it to work one day and somewhere along the way I got hooked. 6 years and 15,000 miles later I finally sold it (for a profit!) That thing was FUN!

I got away from bikes for a few years until my older brother convinced me that he needed a ride buddy. So I started looking for a bike. The power/weight ratio of that Daytona had me spoiled, but I wanted something more comfortable. I was looking hard at a V-Max when the local Triumph shop had their Ride Days and after a spirited test ride on a Rocket Roadster I said "That's what I want!" Plus, all my gear said "Triumph" so... win,win.

I bought a 2013 Roadster on Craigslist that had a Corbin seat and fairing. I added hard bags then decided it was entirely too pretty so I threw it off a cliff while riding the Ozarks with my brother. Y'all, Arkansas don't believe in guard rails. :(

The 2013 got replaced by an '08 Classic. I rode it for a bit and realized it didn't fit me like the Roadster did. So now I'm on a 2012 Roadster and trying to get it fixed up the way I want it.

I'm looking forward to being on the forum.

Haha welcome, my first bike was also an 02 955i, she’s still in garage, though doesn’t get ridden anymore.

WELCOME to ya, texican!
#1) You have come to the best Forum in the land!
#2) You have chosen the best Triumph Rocket there be, 2012!

Back