JWes

Standard Bore
Ride
2007 Triumph Rocket III Classic
So I'm new here.

Recently purchased a 2007 Rocket III Classic to get back into the biking game.

10-15 years ago, I daily rode a '95 Sportster until the kids got big enough to need a ride to school, so the bike had to go. It was garbage anyway. Fast forward until now when the kids all have their driver's license and it's time to get back into riding daily. I knew I didn't want another "small" bike, and when a Rocket III popped up, I pounced. I had been eyeing these things since the Sportster days. It's a little different than I remember the Sportster being... :)

So the new ride is freaking awesome...except for one HUGE problem!! The PO installed a car tire on the back to get more mileage out of a rear tire. His gig was going on long road trips with the wife 2-up, so he wanted stability for the extra weight, straight line stability and tire longevity. I won't be riding 2-up, and I kind of like to handle and lean, so that car tire has to go...It is a HANDFUL in a parking lot...or any gentle corner. Not a fan!

Anyone else ride with a car tire on the back?

Anyway, I hope I can help and contribute to the forum. Cheers...

welcome from Tucson Arizona Usa
i am a lot like you except when i went back to an mc i got a sportster for a while then the 07 classic.
it takes some getting used to the power.
post a pic

Here she is...

Attachments

• IMG_0291.JPG
    IMG_0291.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    325.5 KB · Views: 11
Welcome from Colorado sir!

Put on a 240/55/r16 Bridgestone Exedra Max.

I use them on my 2015 Rocket.

All the websites that sell moto tires will say “this does not fit your ride” however, the website is wrong.

You also have the option of using the metzlers that they call for which would fall under the 240/50/r16 size for the rear.

Welcome back and to a big boy bike no less. Get rid of that abomination CT immediately and enjoy how the bike was designed to operate.

Back