The Wife Wasn't Happy

I think the 20 year old me that was born and raised in London and used to have all my suits bespoke tailored would shudder at the long time Canadian me. There is a huge difference between European style and North American style though things have changed a lot over the years with casual styles being more the norm today. @Gregger is from a far northern Ontario mining town in a beautiful rugged area where practicality overrides style and hunting and fishing take precedent over fine dining and high fashion.

These days I live year round in

1) Craghopper Kiwi trousers. Some cleaner than others.
2) T-Shirt - Soem have holes - some not.
3) Marks&Spencer's Socks (I inherited a load from my dad - but I'll swear they breed over night).

If it's cold (under 20°C) add a fleece. Usually walking boots.

I have wardrobes full of bespoke suits - loads of bespoke cut sheepskin overcoats/jackets. Ties - oh god you name it.
In a former life I had to wear them for work. But they are not real practical in "Back of Beyond" Spain.

And every time we go anywhere I get the "Is that what you're wearing?" - It sounds a little more terse in Spanish.

But Jacket and Shorts with Sandals without thick wooly socks - and I was confused. Thought maybe it was required gear for a Bobber.

I think the 20 year old me that was born and raised in London and used to have all my suits bespoke tailored would shudder at the long time Canadian me. There is a huge difference between European style and North American style though things have changed a lot over the years with casual styles being more the norm today. @Gregger is from a far northern Ontario mining town in a beautiful rugged area where practicality overrides style and hunting and fishing take precedent over fine dining and high fashion.
Same thing is true in the deep south too.
My X wife got really upset because I refused to let her parents take us to eat at a really high end restaurant in New Orleans, because I would have had to wear a tie. I told her to go enjoy herself, but I'd rather sit home and eat a microwave burrito in comfortable clothes, than anything they could possibly have if I had to dress up that much.

Back