The Stepper motor

I do not know about the feel
But u can (on mine) can see it move.
I am thinking u should pry back the rubber and spray it with wd40.
U could take a video and a lot of us can tell u if is good.
Maybe just do lube and work ign several times.
Ps my stepper motor/springs linkage start sticking every couple of years.

I have been riding with the stepper motor disconnected. The amuture not the electrical connection. Gave a brand new one away a few years back to Warp 9 . During this rebuild plan on installing a new one. Makes starts on cold mornings just a bit easier. Living down a dirt road is not good on the stepper motor. I use the same stuff that i use on the computer keyboard to clean. Oil residue from wd40 and dirt roads do not mix well. Really a good idea to use a shot of wd40 now and then if you can.

I have been riding with the stepper motor disconnected. The amuture not the electrical connection. Gave a brand new one away a few years back to Warp 9 . During this rebuild plan on installing a new one. Makes starts on cold mornings just a bit easier. Living down a dirt road is not good on the stepper motor. I use the same stuff that i use on the computer keyboard to clean. Oil residue from wd40 and dirt roads do not mix well. Really a good idea to use a shot of wd40 now and then if you can.
Glad to know I'm not the only one that lives on a dirt road ( off another dirt road). Mostly sand here, kinda interesting turning an 870 lb bike on dirt/ sand, ain't it?

I do not know about the feel
But u can (on mine) can see it move.
I am thinking u should pry back the rubber and spray it with wd40.
U could take a video and a lot of us can tell u if is good.
Maybe just do lube and work ign several times.
Ps my stepper motor/springs linkage start sticking every couple of years.
At your suggestion I squirted WD40 silicone into, over and around the stepper plunger and throttle related springs I could see above it. I have not seen my idle behave normally for a year or two, it would just start and stay around 800-900. rpms. Now it races up to 1250-1350 rpms and then settles back down to 850 rpms, give or take, as I understand it is supposed to. :thumbsup:

Update: I was wrong about the initial rpm level being in the 1250-1350 range, it actually zips right up to the 1750-1850 range, as best I can read the needle on the gauge marks, and then quickly falls back to 850-950 rpm's.

Last edited:
Back