The Greatest Bike Builders in the World

britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
Did anyone see the bolt on kings of bike buidling, the Orange County Chopper guys, on the Discovery Channel last night. They were vacationing in England and toured the Triumph plant. Mikey really looked cool on a new Rocket and the old man looked like a monkey riding a football on a Bonneville. As you may have guessed, I'm not a big fan of the show. They destroy too much, for the sake of what they think is humor. I'll watch Olympic curling first. (I think that's what it is called, with the ice, big stone, and guys that sweep like hell.)

It curious that shows like that are so popular, along with Avoid the Boyd Coddington and Barret Jackson Auctions. There must be a large group of guys that are tired of the computer and lust for some real machinery, but they just are too scared to disobey their girlfriends so after they are done cleaning the tiolet they watch shows like that. I'm sick of working on crap so I don't watch those shows a whole lot.

I have a 55 Buick and every time we take that car out we get swamped, you'd think people have never seen a 50's car before. We took it to breakfast a few days ago and then shopping and I had one old dude tell me what a nice old Chevy it was. I told him it was a Buick (it says so on the hood:D) and he told me I was wrong and that he knows his Chevys. While this fascinating conversation was going on more and more people came over to check the car out, I had a one car car show going on. One old girl told my wife she got popped in the back seat of one those for the first time... I told my wife that it might of been this car, there IS a stain back there.

I guess my point is that today's mechanical offerings are so bland and soulless people are starved for something made from metal. If you live in an apartment in a big city it would be hard and expensive to have "toys", hence these TV shows as an outlet.

Look at this post... I must have the "Flip" syndrome...:roll:

When I need a good laugh I watch the biker build off show. It's always the bike with the biggest back tire and longest rake that wins. Which also happens to be the bike they can't get started and the bike that breaks down on the "ride" to the bike show.

Pig9r said:
Britman, you hit the nail on the head............
Kemit is going to be pissed. I think that ball used to be Miss Piggy.That expression is the same one I used to get in the old days. Now it only comes after a prune snack.

Disease diagnosed......

Toystoretom said:
Look at this post... I must have the "Flip" syndrome...:roll:

I see it seems to be contagious. The major symptoms are: dealing with total idiots, inane public programming, dork politicians and the general population with their heads in a stinky spot. Minor symptoms are: getting older but no wiser or richer and all the major symptoms.:)

As far as the "stain on the seat", forget that. Neither you nor I are capable of that anymore. Way too much work., too little gain and may be monetarily degrading at our age.:D

Isn't a Buick an old farts car anyway?? "Old Buick-Old fart". I used to collect old things too, but old things make me feel old so I'm selling the old things for some new money to pay for my new acquisitions. I'd include my "old lady" in that but I can't afford that venue. Besides, she has a killer job and benee's. I can overlook that "old" thing.:D

Back