The big question for 2009 Riders!!!!!!?????

The question is where do you hurt?

For longer trips, my pain is typically in my knees and lower back.

I have to change my leg positioning a lot because of my bad knees. I have pegs so I can stretch my legs out by slipping my feet over the peg and under the control... but only on Super-Slab rides where you aren't shifting or panic braking. If I'm riding more than 300 miles, I'm on the Super-Slab... shorter, I'm taking the backroads for the scenery.

My lower back and hips start to wreck havoc after 300 miles. So I have to get off the bike and walk around a little while to loosen back up again. I can typically run 150 miles in between Super Slab stops so they usually correspond to gas stops. Stretch the back and legs and then get going again.

I've also found that having a windshield and taking Advil helps a lot.

my butt starts to hurt after about 5 or 6 hours. I try to take a break every 4 hours or 200 miles... A tank of gas or so. I really need a new gel seat...

cheers
geo

my butt starts to hurt after about 5 or 6 hours. I try to take a break every 4 hours or 200 miles... A tank of gas or so. I really need a new gel seat...

cheers
geo

I've got the gel seat and it's the most uncomfortable seat I've been on. Also if it sits in the sun it holds the heat for a long time. I'm getting a Corbin with the tax check.

I don't know that I have been on a considered long day as I had to break my bike cause my butt hurt so bad but boogerdave probaby caught on.:rolleyes: I have to admit I was done after a measly days ride. I like taking my time not!! Getting there faster is part of the game. It's called a rocket for a reason and using it as such is a fine thing indeed. Biking shorts, monkeybutt,sheepskin etc may prolong the agony in a long run but the bod is the ultimate indicator. Mr. Russel and Mr.Corbin will argue and so be it.

i'm like txRIII. I just ride it. Stock seat. Been riding bikes for many years on trips. I just get off when I get gas walk around, take photo breaks and ride. No Interstates or as little as possible. I wear seamless undies on a trip and I try to wear pants that have less pronounced seams as well. It's the seams in your jeans that ruin your ass on a trip. I also use Monkeybutt Powder to take care of any undesireable items down there. Sitting on a black seat for hours in hot weather turns your posterior into a slow cooker.

10,000 Filipino cab drivers can't be wrong!

I use one of those Beadrider pads on top of the gel seat. You can actually feel the breeze under your butt.

Windscreen, lower deflectors, floorboards, crash bars with highway pegs, and a Corbin dual tour seat w/ backrest.

That about sums it up.

Oh, and NOT twisting the throttle at every opportunity helps, too.

Like many others here I just get into the zone and ride. I do have to stop every hour or 90 minutes to fire one up and stretch my legs. Like to keep hydrated also. If I get some highway pegs on the engine guard, cig lighter, and some kind of water bottle I can probably keep going until I need gas which is still every hour to hour and a half. Small tank on the Touring and crap mileage.

you seriously got to see they way I got things set up I hate to say it but its a car with out a roof. Radio, lighter and drink all with in an arms reach. lighters on the left side where that hole is at, drink holder on the bag guards and sat radio on the left side tank now all I need is to figure out how to lay back in the seat like I could on my vulcan

Back